The_fella

New player - disease

Hi guys, new player here enjoying the gameplay.

One issue I am having though is that my character has some kind of disease that won’t go away - a constant cough and low stamina with a bacteria sign at the bottom right. I have tried to wait it out, sit by a fire, eat, drink (from tap), take various medication but it won’t go away. Any ideas?

Sounds like a cold. If you're clothes are wet, get indoors, light a fire and wring your clothes out. Should eventually go away and you can also take vitamin pills. I think maybe tetracycline works too but not 100% sure. 

Hi so I tried this by sitting next to a fire for ages but my guy just needed up getting too hot! Also tried taking tetra pills, although not found any vitamins yet - very frustrating! 

1 hour ago, The_fella said:

Update - it appears it was some kind of infection from drinking from the taps! 

You don't get infected drinking from water pumps. If you picked up a water bottle with water already in it then you'll probably end up with cholera. But if you were coughing you probably have a cold and vitamins cure it. You generally catch cold if you're out in the rain and your temp gauge goes blue for too long.