Sign in to follow this  
gandhi's flip flop

Hit zones and damage ?

I had an encounter where I shot this guy where my mosin ammo scraped his head and neck and hit him on his back because I was higher than him. Basically shot him on the upper chest back. He walks away then I shoot him again on the arm or hand again and he is still alive. I shot him twice with mosin on chest and arm saw blood watched where it on slow mo etc. and these 2 hits happened withing 2-3 mins not like he regened a lot of health. Is this normal ? I shot him from 300 meters not like 1000. Also NO stab/plate/press vest.

I was wondering what the hit zones are is it just head chest arm etc ? or way more complicated ? Couldn't find any up to date official info.

Edited by gandhi's flip flop

But still a mosin shot to torso, someone who has no armor should be insta kill right ? I mean ok maybe he was on blinking health by some miracle then how in the hell did he survive another mosin shot to the arm.

Edited by gandhi's flip flop

29 minutes ago, gandhi's flip flop said:

But still a mosin shot to torso, someone who has no armor should be insta kill right ? 

It is. Unless there was some other element at play, you missed. 

21 minutes ago, William Sternritter said:

It is. Unless there was some other element at play, you missed. 

Desync and lag ? Even though my internet is perfect I never have packet losses or ping spikes. I am questioning dayz hit registrations at this point. Extremely annoying considering how crucial pvp in this game is. I can't take this kind of seeing blood but people not taking damage bullshit. 

In current EXP environment it seems like that maybe the case. I have definitely experienced lag and also saw others rubberbanding a bit. 

Did not have any hit registration issues so far. 

Edited by William Sternritter