sokoleoko

Two-key controls

I'm back to DayZ after some break and I'm trying to reconfigure my controls, as old settings are gone. What I've noticed is I can't use double key controls, e.g. "Alt + x " is changing to "Alt, x" (2 separate keys for the same command) when clicking "apply". Does anybody know how to set double keys? I know it was possible in the past and I'm quite used to having some controls set like that.

• Like 1

I'm quite certain they are not gonna fix any of those two-key controls etc. I've created multiple issues (might be worded badly though) regarding key bindings and controls in general and have got close to zero responses.

I think for now you cannot do any two-key keybindings. It would be swell if we could bind lets say CTRL+Mousewheel Up to Zero up etc. which would help left handed players a lot in my opinion as we lack bindable keys in arrow key vicinity. 

God I wish Arma 3 controls were possible in DayZ but unfortunately they are not.

• Like 1

Specifically in the case of two controllers you can created a double binding. I know, I have to turn off TrackIR for example when I need to set any key bindings because it always sets the Track IR axis+key. Same works with controller. So, something like ctrl+mouse wheel should be possible. Unless this changed since 1.08, but I highly doubt that 🙂 

Could you repro that CTRL+Mousewheel Up keybind so it actually won't trigger Mousewheel Up and/or CTRL binds also ie. if you bind some action to CTRL and some action to Mousewheel Up and then separately bind CTRL+Mousewheel Up to Zero Up can you then only access Zero Up action with said two-key combination or does separate CTRL and Mousewheel Up actions trigger too? 

I can set those keybinds but they do revert back to comma separated binds after I apply the changes.

Sorry for bad wording, kinda hard to explain this in not native language 🙂

These two-key keybinds haven't worked for me since beta launched and BI changed the way controls are handled. Might be doing something stupid on my end so not ruling that out yet 😛 

Edited by Deranged Pineapple
Typos fixed etc.

They do revert back to two separate controls for me too when trying to apply the changes. Last time I played DayZ was around May 2019, so it was version 1.02 - 1.03, definitely after leaving the early access and two-key controls worked for me back then.

On 9/30/2020 at 1:05 PM, Deranged Pineapple said:

God I wish Arma 3 controls were possible in DayZ but unfortunately they are not. 

Yeah, I carried some controls over from Arma 3 too, like zeroing, zooming the view in and out and more.

Maybe there is a way to set it up in config files somehow?

Anyway I'm going to submit a bug report on the feedback tracker, more the better.

I made issues about controls last year but got no response yet. Might be because of my wording also but I'm afraid that we are too far gone with this development cycle that anything will ever be done of it.

What concerns me most regarding these controls is BI might be using it as baseline for Arma 4 and just modify it a bit and not completely overhaul it to support milsim better, I really hope I'm concerned for no reason. Current weapon handling compared to Arma 3 is a joke in DayZ (my opinion only of course) and lacks deeper freedom of double bindings, two-key binding etc. 

Edited by Deranged Pineapple
Typos
  • Like 1