Sign in to follow this  
TheVaultboy

Remove BattleEye and Steam requirements for pure LAN servers

We have our own very powerful server, it uses opensm on fibre nics and there is no router or gatway so it can NEVER connect to the internet, any patching for updates is done manually.

We were planning on hosting our own PURE LAN game for 8 people 4 vs 4, followed by last man standing setup under the conditions that we wanted.

I have been working towards this goal and have put many hours into it ; however due to this BattleEye thing which I have no problems with if you are playing on a PIC game ( Public & Internet Connected ) as we HATE cheaters with a passion and we are running a solely LAN no router no gatway setup that can never connect to the internet for exactly that reason.

It should be that if I whitelist all the Bohemia ID's that this will allow my fellow players to connect and bypass battleEye as battleEye has no chance of ever getting an internet connection, but this is not the case BattleEye instead jumps in front of everything and causes problems, me as the server admin gets told my password is incorrect when I know damn well it's not.. I have even gone to the extent of copying and pasting my admin password into the client still to be told it's wrong. User passwords result in connect timeouts as again battleye jumps in the way on a purely LAN game.

You have 9 quite disgruntled people here and we want this fixed, we have all put in very little time online trying to get this stuff to work and are at the point of talking about going back to steam and getting a refund on the game and the DLC, also the level of documentation for trying to get a LAN only non internet connected game going is attrocious. We know you are a small studio and thats fine but how about giving a group of users what we want for a change.

I have heard every argument from people about hosting your own private internet connected server blah blah blah but the point is we have paid for this game and we should be able to play the game on our own server without the internet involved and our systems are built for light speed - not copper, ping times for our server are les than 1ms not the <50ms people see on copper PIC games.

Please remove BattleEye for LAN non PIC games.

Edited by TheVaultboy
Extra
  • Like 1

Yea. For a company that truly caters as a military simulator, you’d think that this would be automatic. 

good luck. 

Well, it's the year 2023, and it looks like it hasn't been implemented yet. We faced exactly the same problem during the private LAN session this weekend. There is no BattlEye (BE) disable option for private servers, and in the end, it's up to the owner of the server. We ended up refunding 16 copies of DayZ and had a ruined weekend that we were looking forward to.

Moreover, there are growing concerns about anti-cheat software, especially those operating at the kernel level. Instances of similar anti-cheat solutions have been exploited to perform actions beyond their intended purpose, potentially posing security and privacy risks. Users have expressed worry about the level of access these systems have and the potential impact on system stability.

If you have any luck creating and playing on a private server without BattlEye, please let us know. I really would like to play this game with friends without worrying about installing BattlEye and the associated concerns related to kernel-based anti-cheat systems.

Edited by andyben