DaveAzoicer (DayZ)

Patch 94444 Wrong CDKEY error

I just downloaded the latest beta. And it gives me an error with Wrong CDKEY and I cant join 94444 patched servers due to it.

How do I fix this?

Run Arma 2 and Arma 2 OA as administrator then run the beta patch as admin.

Run Arma 2 and Arma 2 OA as administrator then run the beta patch as admin.

I got it through steam. Tried using the arma2.exe and arma2oa.exe as admin and then the beta patch as admin. Same error.

then try starting steam as error, i would of said that in the first place but you didn't bother to read the layout.

there seriously need to be a sticky "THIS GAME IS NOT STEAM FRIENDLY." You need to first run every game on steam, ArmA 2, then Operation Arrowhead, then Combined Ops, as LVG already stated. then if you still get an error verify the integrity of game cache.

After that, if you still get an error, simply download the latest beta.zip and right click on the .exe inside of the archive then click view file, then run the .exe files one by one.

*Which version of the game did you purchase? STEAM or RETAIL or MIXED:

STEAM

*Are you running an Arma 2 OA beta patch? If so what version?:

The latest before 94444 trying to update. Giving me WRONG CD KEY error.

*Which method are you using to launch the game? I.E Sixupdater/steam/batch file:

Six Launcher when I'm trying to play.

*What is the Error/Problem you're having? Please provide screenshots if possible:

Arma 2 RFT Patch and ARMA 2 OA Patch WRONG CD KEY.

*Your PC specs:

Enough.

*Your Operating System:

Win 7

*Have you looked at these threads?:

Yes. Didn't help, since I can run it, but the beta updater wont work.

Giving me that error (WRONG CD KEY)

And yes I've already been running ARMA 2 and OA before, it worked fine playing it. But this latest beta just fucked things up.

The beta is not being installed as far as I know. Since the WRONG CD KEY error. Or am I just being to picky now?

One time offer, would you like me to have a look on Teamviewer? i've got this message lots

Sure. Thou my fiance demands me to go to bed. But when will you be on tomorrow? If it's possible?

Friday soooo not sure, you can always PM me

Solved indeed.

Thanks LVG.

No idea what I failed with, but now it works! Time to survive at NW Airfield.

LVG can you explain what it is you did? I've fixed this issue just by reinstalling through steam, however if there is a faster way to do it that would be very much appreciated.

How do you fix this issue? What did you do? My friend gets WRONG CD KEY, when trying to install the beta patch... :|

I get the same error when im trying to install. Is there a quick fix to this?

I have it as well, i have installed both arma 2 and oa then played both of them. Then downloaded six launcher, updated that. I then ran six and installed dayz, then downloaded the 94444 patch an it came up with "Wrong CD KEY." Please help me! :huh:

Got the same problem. I've successfully installed every single beta patch but the 94444 patch gives me the wrong CD key error.

[i have got it working this is what i did]

Hello every one, i was able to find out for my self how to get dayz up and running! Here is my step by step guide:

(NOTE: This is for steam users only!)

1.Make sure you have both games installed corectly.

2.Make sure you have ran both games at least to the menu.

3.Install six launcher, download six from here then update it so it installs dayz.

4.Then download both these This one and This one aswell

4.2 Then when downloaded run the patch, i know it might come up with wrong cd key but dont worry just continue, when it asks you a question about this may take a long time it needs to up date oa just click ok then just let it get to a 100% then press ok.

5.now with .bat file go to your arrowhead folder most likely its here:

(NOTE: it deppends were you installed steam

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead

When there drag and drop the .bat file in there and there we have it, when ever you want to run dayz just run that .bat file.

Hope this helps.

The above doesn't work for me; still loading in swimming, on a hill and my character is invisible when in 3rd person.

I got the wrong cdkey error but it installed any ways and im fine np joining games

How come that only 1 person gets it fixed' date=' and everyone else doesn't matters??? I think the fix should be made public. :dodgy:

[/quote']

Because I'm not required to log onto 24 (That's how many PMs i got asking if i can go on Teamviewer) PC's and do it manually, it would take too much of my time.

I will make a thread stating the Fix I USE that works for most.