Sign in to follow this  
Tonyeh

Normalized Suppressor locations?

Has anyone ever found one of these?

I know they're supposed to be rare. But, frankly, it's "rareness" is absurd. In months of playing I have not found a single one. Looking for it as an attachment for my KAS 74u, which is the only bloody AK type weapon I've been able to locate so far, too.

The only AK type weapon...

...in Russia!

SMH.

Where is it that they spawn?

Helicopter crashsites, small green towers in tier-4 locations, and dead players.  Official servers, anyway.

25 minutes ago, Parazight said:

Helicopter crashsites, small green towers in tier-4 locations, and dead players.  Official servers, anyway.

Cheers P.

By "small green towers", do you mean these things?

preview-DayZ_Screenshot_2019.12.13_-_12.

Cos, I've been searching those too and haven't found them.

Haven't found a single AK weapon in the game, except for the baby AK and that was just two since I started back playing at the end of May.

The AK47, most common weapon in the world since the 50's and DayZ players have to have it as some sort of hen's teeth item.

Yes, those towers.  Your best bet is finding a persistence off server (official hive) and searching for helicopters.  That said, be aware that many of the servers (Livonia especially) don't appear to actually be Persistence OFF, as labled.  I keep seeing persistent structures that last for days.

I see Russian weapons at helicopter crash sites.  AKMs, 47U, and most attachments.

Yeh, I've had several go at checking out heli crashes. But I have only found one so far and that was picked clean. I fly solo too, so that's an absolute chore to be honest and it really is all down to sheer luck in the end.

I've also been checking out some Persistence Off servers and noticed that they aren't off too. Found an absolutely obscene stash or crates, chests, tents and barrels in a barn on a German Persistence Off server. So, something wasn't right there. Strangely enough, there weren't any higher tier weapons or their accoutrements to be found, which tells me something.

I think if the devs are to revisit anything in DayZ and alter it, it's the cap on certain items. Rare items are fine, but completely unobtainable items isn't and in addition, something like an AK47 shouldn't be a truly rare item in a game set in eastern Europe during the 90's. I have no issue with American guns, like the M4, being difficult to get or the VSD or VSS. But an AK?

The SKS should actually be harder to find than a bog standard AK47.

2 hours ago, Tonyeh said:

Yeh, I've had several go at checking out heli crashes. But I have only found one so far and that was picked clean. I fly solo too, so that's an absolute chore to be honest and it really is all down to sheer luck in the end.

I've also been checking out some Persistence Off servers and noticed that they aren't off too. Found an absolutely obscene stash or crates, chests, tents and barrels in a barn on a German Persistence Off server. So, something wasn't right there. Strangely enough, there weren't any higher tier weapons or their accoutrements to be found, which tells me something.

I think if the devs are to revisit anything in DayZ and alter it, it's the cap on certain items. Rare items are fine, but completely unobtainable items isn't and in addition, something like an AK47 shouldn't be a truly rare item in a game set in eastern Europe during the 90's. I have no issue with American guns, like the M4, being difficult to get or the VSD or VSS. But an AK?

The SKS should actually be harder to find than a bog standard AK47.

I find more weapons that have suppressors already attached than solo suppressors...except the pistol suppressors, they're relatively abundant.

Yeh, I've found a ton of pistol suppressors. In fact I just found one not 5 minutes ago on an MP5.

That's why I carry a UMP and an FNX (my fave zombie popper) . Both can be suppressed and the .45 is ok for taking out most things. It's rubbish for hunting game though, as I've found out to my detriment. 😄 I'll use a Winchester or Mosin for that. But those things is like a beacon telling everyone within 50 miles where you are and as I play alone, that's not a great idea. Sure, you can bottle them, but it ruins the looks, LOL.

Devs really need to sort out the zeds hearing larger weapons when suppressed though. Can't believe that's even a thing these days, when it wasn't an issue 5 bloody years ago. I know suppressed weapons aren't silent, but at the moment it's a bit silly.

I found one in a tent in Balota during 1.8 and I found a Standardized Supp. inside of a car over near Novaya....

So the the two things to note here is that you can find them even on the coast and that wrecks spawn military gear all over the place like Livonia.....It would be good to find them right now because....boy howdy it will be hard to find them soon.