deathistribute

avoid the army base camp

Now I'm still a newbie, so i figured I would point this out to help other beginners, and if I'm wrong let us know.

So, I'm playing on the server no weapon and such and of all things i find following the road is a army base camp. Their are tents everywhere, minor zombies, dead bodies lying everywhere, its surrounded in fencing, and some tents have the red cross for medics. now for a newb like me, I'm jumping off the walls excited, thinking theres gotta be something good here. half hour of searching in this camp through every tent and tower and there wasnt a single drop, not even trash. i try to search the npc bodies but dead soilders apparently dont carry supplies... -_- <--game face

so this is really just to let anyone else who doesnt know yet, but avoid that death trap. it'll disapoint you, but once again if for some reason I'm wrong, which I hope I am, let us know. thnx!

To put it in quick words: You are WRONG! :)

You just had bad luck that the server maybe bugged out and did not spawn stuff.

But in all 4 of the "Towers" you have a high chance of finding military grade weapons.

I have found an Ak-47, AKM, m1014 and Remington 870 and g17 at that military base. And that is from 2 visits. Chances are you hit the camp after it had already been raided. But it is one of the best spots for easy military loot soon into the game. Also pro tip, zombies won't follow you into the tents.

The real reason to avoid it is the high PvP activity. I was spawned on the coast litterally right across the railroad tracks from it. I took a few steps forward then got shot by a sniper. I respawn further down. Prone crawl my way to it, get inside. Find an AKM then got shot by a cross bow as I climbed down the ladder.

I've found the silenced mp5 with 2 mags in one of the towers.

Also found an akm in 1 tower and an ak-74 in another, same life same time.

You are wrong... the 4 towers almost always have stuff.

Its good to go there and then get out fast after you check all 4 of hte towers.

Usually nothing anywhere else there, but always check the towers!

This is actually one of my fav places to go right after I die! Because I ALWAYS get atleast an AK or a shotgun there to start off!

Which military base?

it seems like he is talking about the tents with 4 deer huts near belota airstrip.

Is that to the south or north? it's wierd this - I've been everywhere on the map, but I have never been able to find these damn tents!

Is that to the south or north? it's wierd this - I've been everywhere on the map' date=' but I have never been able to find these damn tents!

[/quote']

It is on the South coast, just off centre of the map and West of Cherno. South of the airfield and right next to the road is a small military camp with barricades all around it, there is a gate at the Eastern end and a gap in the wire on the south side towards the western end of the camp. In the camp are 4 "deer stands", one in each corner.