Sign in to follow this  
Pootwhacky

Can't build upper wall frame

I've been playing this game for a couple years. Never really got into base building til 1.08. I'm on Xbox but i've seen a lot of bases built within existing in-game structures. I went to do this myself and was able to put in the posts and lower wall frame and wall and even the platform but the game prevented me from building the upper wall frame. I'm guessing it's because of the ceiling height but how do other players overcome this? I know i've seen full walls and gates go through the structures so I know it's possible. What am I missing?

Hi Dude

I had similar problems - sadly I didn't fix it - I had to either adapt or redo.  Have you tried building a fire in a barn yet?  That's even more fun - you build the fire place - add stone ring - Try to light NO ignition option, Try adding more stones - lets build an oven - protected from the elements.  Still no ignition option.  What do you know Ceiling height has to at least 5 metres!  Took me a while.  Sorry my own little rant.  Hope you fix the problem dude. 

• Beans 1

On 7/23/2020 at 8:50 PM, Pootwhacky said:

I've been playing this game for a couple years. Never really got into base building til 1.08. I'm on Xbox but i've seen a lot of bases built within existing in-game structures. I went to do this myself and was able to put in the posts and lower wall frame and wall and even the platform but the game prevented me from building the upper wall frame. I'm guessing it's because of the ceiling height but how do other players overcome this? I know i've seen full walls and gates go through the structures so I know it's possible. What am I missing?

Hi. I know this comes six months late, but for anyone else who searched and came across this post as I did... If the options won't allow you to build an upper frame and wall, it's because you built your base posts too close to the wall. Yes, I know it let you, but that's not the point. The construction of an upper frame or wall will collide with the structure in some way, so to avoid it just won't let you. The fix is to destroy what you've built so far and start again, but this time a tiny bit further back from the permanent structure. 

You can actually do this without wasting any materials at all if you check you can build the upper frame first after building the base posts. 

Hope this helps!