Uncle Zed

Looking to form group for hardcore server

Hello everyone. I am BetterDeadThanZed and I've been around these forums since 2013, when the DayZ mod was in it's heyday. I've run many servers under the Killin Zedz community to include vanilla DayZ mod, Epoch mod, A3 Exile and A3 Epoch. My focus over the years has usually been a survival feel or at the very least, a format that wasn't as popular as the COD-Sandbox with loot everywhere mentality that the majority of players have. In this pursuit, I've gone through many iterations of survival servers. I've tried combinations of increased customized zombies, low loot without traders, mods that make surviving more difficult and anything that gave the game a more apocalyptic feel.

So, what am I doing in this thread? I am thinking of building a new community based around Livonia, dedicated to the concept of a survival server. I'm not interested in joining existing ones. I have a very specific idea of what I'm looking for. If you are interested in this, let me know. This will let me gauge interest in such an endeavor.  This is important to do before I open up any new server to the public. I feel it's important to start with a good base of players when you open a new server if you want it to succeed.

Edited by Uncle Zed

It's tricky to find 50ish people to actively play on the server, but if you're looking to play on another, populated server, I could hop in.

14 hours ago, Just Caused said:

It's tricky to find 50ish people to actively play on the server, but if you're looking to play on another, populated server, I could hop in.

50? No. I'd be happy with 10 - 15 to start with.

Dyed In Wool Hardcore Realistic Survival

What you can expect to find here:

You will not spawn with money. And there is no ATM. You will carry cash. Stash it
or build a base.

Custom map locations, go check them out!

You cannot buy guns at traders, only sell. No magazines/attachments/ammo can be bought only sell.

We have the ammo crafting mod which can be used to create ammo as needed or ammo can be looted around the map.

All weapons and items have custom spawn rates and locations that reflect a hardcore and realistic gameplay.

To raid, you can ONLY USE a hacksaw, nothing else will work.

Here is the link to our Discord for the rest of the rules and server info:

Find us at:
DZSA Launcher: Dyed in Wool |Realistic|Harcore|Bases+|Ammo Crafting|Cars|
IP: 104.223.92.98
Discord: https://discord.gg/jQWJzzG