Sign in to follow this  
Agrivo

Having trouble

Well im outside the nwaf but i haven't found any guns worth noting, plenty of ammo and food, but I'm not having any luck finding better weapons, any ideas? I may have missed something, im at the nearest military base to nwaf but no luck

Best advice: practice with the gun you have. This will help you be decisive when the time calls for staying sharp under stress.

Do some infected target practice. Remember: don't kite them, and keep it honest. You will soon discover that movement is life. Take enough time to line up your shot properly. Be fast, but remember that sometimes fast is slow too. Keep conscious of your ammo count. Take careful note of the advantages and disadvantages of each weapon and optic to use your environment wisely. 

Oftentimes, someone else got there first.

Other players' activity has to be accounted for and included in your expectations. Regulars on servers will keep guns as currency or as trophies. It can get out of hand as it does in the real world. Each server generally has a different player-base with their own priorities.

On the server I play on, I find an Assault Rifle at inland military locations 5% or less of the time I have made an effort to search. That's less than 1 out of 20 missions, which consist of going to more than one military location. SEARCH EVERYWHERE IN THAT LOCATION!

Players who stash weapons in bases or underground stashes affect the spawns of the high-tier ARs.

Oftentimes, the number of guns on a server (all areas of it) is less than the numbers I will discuss, and will climb over time (every half hour to a couple or so) until reaching these amounts:

3 VSS / 4 LAR and VSD / 5 KA-101 / 10 KA-M, M4-A1, KA-74 

Once one of these values is reached for a particular gun, a new one of that type will not spawn. Which means you will have to go treasure hunting with a shovel, or gets some friends and raid a base! (The first three guns are also affected by players who are carrying them!)

Helicopter crash sites give you a good chance to find nice weaponry. I've found an AR about 1 out of 3 times I am lucky enough to find a crash site in the last two years of playing. 

Be persistent and patient @Agrivo !

But if that doesn't work, buy Livonia DLC, go to a persistence off server, and you will be instantly "wealthy," as you might measure, if you survive of course...

I'll try the dlc, I've been debating on buying it, might help me learn more about the game, since i dont see many guides or walk throughs on youtube, mostly just stupid pvp vids @EzyStriderPS4

Download a dayz app on your phone. There will be a way to see helicopter crashes on the map. Set up a route that covers at least 10 to 12 sites. Seraching all 12 takes about 30 to 45 mins. Everyday you play do that route. I do this everytime i get on. That's how ive found 4 M4's and 1 AK 101.   At some evac sites you can find a ka74 "mini ak" those are actually not to rare. Just have to look in the right spot. But to find evac sites download either izurvive or dayz central for your phone. This will change your world.

I cant download the app since im using a kindle tablet, i dont own a phone or computer. Soo im limited to what i can do, I've been playing the livonia map lately, and i like it but seems not many people in the use play dayz, most servers i hop on are empty or low, and i alway get kicked from community servers, so im at a lose, just mindlessly running from town to town with no goal or anything.