Agrivo

Newbie here

So I've just started a few days ago and so far im liking it, even though i keep dying from hunger or zeds lol. I get confused with the maps and navigation as well, any tips or tricks that could help enjoy the game more?

First item to find is a knife or hatchet. Something sharp. This will aid in food and fire. Kill chickens for there meat when you start. Dont drink from ponds streams or rivers unless you have a container and chlorine tabs. Once you have a sledge hammer or gun kill a cow. Cook and store the meat in a crate and bury it. Animal fat will keep you fed for hours. Keep some tetramyacin "antibiotics" on you incase you catch a cold from the rain or if you drink nasty water. Avoid strangers and you should be able to survive for a long time. Oh yah if you hear a bear, get as far away as you can. God speed out there and i love you more then a friend.

I've been watching the vids but they're not as much help as I'd hoped, i was looking for like a walkthrough tutorial or something. I've mostly just been winging it and hoping for the best, sometimes i get really lucky and make it as far as gorka and other times i end up on servers that have been picked clean. Aside from not knowing how to craft half the shit i need to ie chests and stuff, I've basically been learning as i go

Best advice for navigation is just to keep playing looking out for landmarks and certain buildings power lines are another good one if you play for a week or two you were going to notice a major difference in your navigating the map. Been playing now for over two weeks and I'm absolutely loving this game

The more you play the easier it gets to navigate. I have a home base in the north of the map but when i get really bored i go on "walk about" to explore the map. Do this a few times and you'll learn the map. As long as you know where you are the names of towns aren't that important. A compass is handy as well.

I've gotten better at navigation, managed to make my way to polana today, my plan is to reach gorka before i take a break. Thanks for the advice guys, I've gotten quite far, got enough food and gear to last me a good long while. Although now im having trouble staying warm now that im getting farther north

Edited by Agrivo