Sign in to follow this  
gibo1987

How bad is this!!!

So me and my friend got dayz. Expecting to be the Rick grimes of the dayz world. 

How wrong we were. Instead we ended up more like Christian bale from the machinist, starving, void of life and bored out of our god dam minds. 

Seriously this game has no food. We cleared out every building in a village, I found a shotgun.... Awsome.... Hey guess what you will starve to death before you can use it. Nothing spawns in buildings, on the shore line, food spawns are either broken or just plane stupid

I got geared up like the terminator, ready to rock and roll. Only to die a lonley death of starvation and water sickness in the middle of the generic cloned forest. 

Oh nd good luck trying to find your friends. Got more chance of bumping into Michael Jackson in my local asda super market. 

Apparantly you can hunt. I found no animals. Well found a chicken punched it to death, but then no option to eat the thing. 

I Actually found myself activily hunting zombies and giving them a good old Mike tyson beat em down. I think I found one can of tuna out of 20 zombies. 

How is this game fun when all you do is either starve to death or die of aids or what ever sicknesses you get from this upside down abomination of a game

Edit: before hating, read below posts of how I've now grown to extreamly enjoy this game. Shows how first impressions can be deceiving! 

Edited by gibo1987
Grown on me

22 hours ago, gibo1987 said:

So me and my friend got dayz. Expecting to be the Rick grimes of the dayz world. 

How wrong we were. Instead we ended up more like Christian bale from the machinist, starving, void of life and bored out of our god dam minds. 

Seriously this game has no food. We cleared out every building in a village, I found a shotgun.... Awsome.... Hey guess what you will starve to death before you can use it. Nothing spawns in buildings, on the shore line, food spawns are either broken or just plane stupid

I got geared up like the terminator, ready to rock and roll. Only to die a lonley death of starvation and water sickness in the middle of the generic cloned forest. 

Oh nd good luck trying to find your friends. Got more chance of bumping into Michael Jackson in my local asda super market. 

Apparantly you can hunt. I found no animals. Well found a chicken punched it to death, but then no option to eat the thing. 

I Actually found myself activily hunting zombies and giving them a good old Mike tyson beat em down. I think I found one can of tuna out of 20 zombies. 

How is this game fun when all you do is either starve to death or die of aids or what ever sicknesses you get from this upside down abomination of a game

community modded servers... ez fix... unless you on console

1 hour ago, KajMak64Bit2 said:

community modded servers... ez fix... unless you on console

This post is under ps4... @gibo1987 Community servers on console can adjust spawns aswell so that would technically be your solution. However you're probably gonna get alot more server crashes and server lag, there are some servers that run well though. (generally will wipe ever week or 2 for the ones that run well). Honestly if you're already frustrated by the food mechanics this might not be the game 4 u, there's way worse problems plaging the game and you don't even know how to skin a chicken or know how to cook yet you're complaining, just wait until a 3 month old character dies cuz your weapon is bugged, i will say not everything is intuitive so i can't blame you. I know hunting generally will set you up with more than enough food (unless you kill a chicken) and i can atleast get by looting towns so I'm not sure how so many people have issues like you.

Edited by Robzom11

3 hours ago, Robzom11 said:

This post is under ps4... @gibo1987 Community servers on console can adjust spawns aswell so that would technically be your solution. However you're probably gonna get alot more server crashes and server lag, there are some servers that run well though. (generally will wipe ever week or 2 for the ones that run well). Honestly if you're already frustrated by the food mechanics this might not be the game 4 u, there's way worse problems plaging the game and you don't even know how to skin a chicken or know how to cook yet you're complaining, just wait until a 3 month old character dies cuz your weapon is bugged, i will say not everything is intuitive so i can't blame you. I know hunting generally will set you up with more than enough food (unless you kill a chicken) and i can atleast get by looting towns so I'm not sure how so many people have issues like you.

Didn't see this was console.. but anyway i recommended getting pc version because its way better... first perfomance is better... inventory system is better... and biggest od them all... MODDING SUPPORT xd

You are gonna want to check greenhouses and also kill as many zombies as possible because they drop food and drink items too. Hunting is the best long term solution. 

The hunger/thirst aspect will always remain annoying so long as you have to eat every hour or so. I would much rather food and animals to hunt were even rarer than they are but your character could last a few of day/night cycles without needing food/drink. 

As another person on here put it, they made the hunger/thirst system as they did and cheaply label as survival. Laziness by the devs in my opinion. Really takes away from the game. 

Maybe I was over zealous on my first review. The brtuallity of noob player start infuriated me to no ends. However........ I have managed to survive and not Die. Apples and pears are my friends now. I'm still no Rick grimes, possibly I am a cillian Murphy from 28days later at the moment. A anti-hero of the zombie world. 

I found a pick axe and figured you can make a soil patch and sow seeds And pour water on them to grow crops (ingenious) . I now have a bag full of peppers to munch nd crunch. 

I however need to find a shovel. I have searched high and low but cannot find one. We're are the spades/shovels, aree they still in the Game on ps4? Good people of dayz were in godss green hell do I find one!? 

1 hour ago, gibo1987 said:

Maybe I was over zealous on my first review. The brtuallity of noob player start infuriated me to no ends. However........ I have managed to survive and not Die. Apples and pears are my friends now. I'm still no Rick grimes, possibly I am a cillian Murphy from 28days later at the moment. A anti-hero of the zombie world. 

I found a pick axe and figured you can make a soil patch and sow seeds And pour water on them to grow crops (ingenious) . I now have a bag full of peppers to munch nd crunch. 

I however need to find a shovel. I have searched high and low but cannot find one. We're are the spades/shovels, aree they still in the Game on ps4? Good people of dayz were in godss green hell do I find one!? 

Good of you to keep trying. You will notice it becomes easier.

Shovels are usually found in barns or those little sheds next to the houses. Just keep in mind that on same days the DayZ loot god favours you, and on other days it ignores your presence.

As another tip: besides canned food, animal meat it one of the best sources of energy. If you eat cow/deer/boar meat etc. you will able to keep on going for a while before requiring more food. Best way to do this is shoot them and then use a knife to cut them. Then prepare one of the cooking methods. This video might help:

59 minutes ago, amadieus said:

Good of you to keep trying. You will notice it becomes easier.

Shovels are usually found in barns or those little sheds next to the houses. Just keep in mind that on same days the DayZ loot god favours you, and on other days it ignores your presence.

As another tip: besides canned food, animal meat it one of the best sources of energy. If you eat cow/deer/boar meat etc. you will able to keep on going for a while before requiring more food. Best way to do this is shoot them and then use a knife to cut them. Then prepare one of the cooking methods. This video might help:

Thank you good sir. I will be on the shovel hunt tonight. 

I'm going to be like the dayz equivalent of Gordon Ramsey after that guide 👍 

Edited by gibo1987

On 5/29/2020 at 9:11 AM, gibo1987 said:

hey Gibo did you go to Edward Sheerien school? 

4 hours ago, rackinglad27 said:

hey Gibo did you go to Edward Sheerien school

Is that we're that kid had that bird called "kez"? 

Oh and I now have a shovel. I have burried some treasure and food. So now I am considering calling myself the black beard of the dayz world.... Arrrghhhhh walk z plank 

So many possibilities... Will I be the hero or live long enough to see myself become the villain. The conundrum of dayz at its finest my good people. 

Edited by gibo1987
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, gibo1987 said:

Is that we're that kid had that bird called "kez"? 

Oh and I now have a shovel. I have burried some treasure and food. So now I am considering calling myself the black beard of the dayz world.... Arrrghhhhh walk z plank 

So many possibilities... Will I be the hero or live long enough to see myself become the villain. The conundrum of dayz at its finest my good people. 

it is indeed lol the school I went to.

2 hours ago, rackinglad27 said:

it is indeed lol the school I went to.

Could do with a kez in dayz, to get me sum rabbits. 

Wat server do u play on? We got molested by sum bandits last nite and had to fresh spaw. But by sheer luck we looted up And are back currently planning our sweet revenge John wick style

Edited by gibo1987

2 hours ago, gibo1987 said:

Could do with a kez in dayz, to get me sum rabbits. 

Wat server do u play on? We got molested by sum bandits last nite and had to fresh spaw. But by sheer luck we looted up And are back currently planning our sweet revenge John wick style

I play on various servers pal, mainly livonia official. I'm on ps4 though and I suppose your on pc? 

23 minutes ago, rackinglad27 said:

I play on various servers pal, mainly livonia official. I'm on ps4 though and I suppose your on pc? 

I'm on ps4 good sir.

On the burying of items. I tried once and only got the option to create a garden. Any suggestions .

5 hours ago, ARodd said:

On the burying of items. I tried once and only got the option to create a garden. Any suggestions .

You can Bury drysacks, seachests or crates I beleive. You also need the shovel to do this. 

Ppl can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think this Is how u Bury and wat u can Bury. Eg u can't Bury normal backpacks etc. 

On 5/28/2020 at 1:36 PM, beavis_5000 said:

The hunger/thirst aspect will always remain annoying so long as you have to eat every hour or so. I would much rather food and animals to hunt were even rarer than they are but your character could last a few of day/night cycles without needing food/drink. 

As another person on here put it, they made the hunger/thirst system as they did and cheaply label as survival. Laziness by the devs in my opinion. Really takes away from the game. 

You can eat more calories even if the apple icon for hunger is "full," as long as your stomach is not. I have run around with a full hunger apple icon for sometimes 4+ hours before it shows a decline.  
[ So that's not an actual problem at all and is simply a factor of your play-style / decision making / perception. ]

My dude, the mod, prior to the stand-alone version of the game, helped establish and fortify the entire genre of survival games.  The notion that it was lazily pieced together and labelled as a survival game is, at best, foolish opinion, without factual support.  The hunger system has been meticulously crafted from scratch (stand-alone version) and further balanced over years worth of experimental branch testing.
[ My only gripe about the hunger system is that I wish it took longer to die from starvation and that your character could hobble around super-weak--the yellow and red states of health--and be far more vulnerable to infected, predators, and KoS folk, whom they cannot out-run! ]