Sign in to follow this  
Stagman70

Jumping ship

Well, I have had enough of the console DayZ community.  I am, in the near future, going to be going back to PC, not just for a different player pool in DayZ, but I am also ultra-hyped for the (hopefully) upcoming Dead Matter.  Now, I haven't played anything on PC since the Battlefield Desert Combat mod (I think I may have just shown my age), so a new desktop will be in short order.  Anyhow, I would like to find either a vanilla server or maybe a SLIGHTLY modded server.  I feel that all these modded servers have robbed the game of it's true essence, and I will be looking for fellow purists to play with.  When I pull the trigger, I will be new to the whole Steam thing, but I'm not a complete moron, so I should be able to figure it out when that time comes.  I would like to know, though, about how many vanilla servers are there out there, either public or community?  Or are vanilla servers extinct like the dinosaur?

A lot of public (official) vanilla servers, I have no problems finding full ones. A bunch of community vanilla servers too, they are not very full most of the time, except for TheRunningManZ (The Eu one) which can easily have a queue of 20 people haha