jazzraill

How do zombies handle pathfinding?

I've been looking for this for days yet I can't figure how do zombies (and other entities maybe) use pathfinding and navigating throught the terrain. Specially the function handling it. 

I had search that too to enhance my PvZmoD Dark Horde but the pathfinding things seam to not be accessible to modders.

The only thing I found is code related to groups of zombies moving. This was used in the "survival game" DLC but as SG is not developed any more, I think the zombie group behaviors are not developed anymore.

If you want to dig this, look at the classes : AIGroup, AIGroupBehaviour, BehaviourGroupInfectedPackWaypointParams, BehaviourGroupInfectedPack
I didn't succeed to use them because some classes seem to be private and not usable for modding.

If you find a way to use pathfinding, I'm very very interested.

True that.. I had no luck accesing pathfinding functions still. There are functions to add waypoints, cycle them etc. but still, no function loop for getting positions on navmesh and making AI move to them. My last resort will be using the method explained here: