Sterling (DayZ)

Crawled all of the way from Elektro to Cherno

Last night a buddy and I were in Elektro having a good time when another friend grew impatient and insisted on us meeting him at Cherno. Hatchets in our hands, we took off for what seemed like a really quick journey, but we were dead wrong with this assumption. Not even a minute after we left Elektro, we were ambushed by several zombies. Our hatchets were more than enough to fend them off, but they didn't go down without a little pay back, breaking our bones. Unfortunately, we lacked morphine injectors so we were forced to crawl. And crawl we did... crawled until we became bored to tears, crawled until we started considering suicide, crawled until our finger holding the W button throbbed. It was a 50 minute crawl, we finally made it to a hospital and found enough morphine injectors to fix ourselves up and to use in the future in case of more broken bones. Ready to set off from Cherno with our insanely impatient friend to do lord knows what else, we faced a group of no-good-bandits in a white truck shooting at us. Both of my friends pushed daisies and I managed to escape.

TL;DR

1) Morphine Injectors are super important, don't travel without one.

2) It takes 50 minutes to crawl from Elektro to Cherno.

3) As soon as you hear the horn of death, might as well disconnect.

4) Don't accidentally throw Road Flares as you're headed towards a populated city.

Why did you bother to crawl that far and not just repspawn? seems silly too me.

All three of us just started two days ago, we had some items that were hard (at least for us) to come by, like a matchbook, some water bottles, an ALICE bag, and a few other useful survival tools.

3) As soon as you hear the horn of death' date=' might as well disconnect.

[/quote']

:dodgy:

I was gonna say you deserve a cookie but then I read about how you like to DC to avoid death so I will save my cookie..

[/quote']

I was gonna say you deserve a cookie but then I read about how you like to DC to avoid death so I will save my cookie..

Hehehe as I was typing the TL;DR, I knew this one would nit me in the butt. Allow for me to clarify I "escaped" which by that I meant ran and head for the hills. I'm just 'suggesting' a DC if you think you hear crazy no-good-bandits in a truck.

Why not crawl back to Elektro hospital?

We already cleaned it out before hand, other than server hopping for loot we had no choice.

Because it makes for a better story than, I hit esc and respawn. Also some people might actually enjoy the challenge of trying to over come that situation.

[/quote']

Hehehe as I was typing the TL;DR, I knew this one would nit me in the butt. Allow for me to clarify I "escaped" which by that I meant ran and head for the hills. I'm just 'suggesting' a DC if you think you hear crazy no-good-bandits in a truck.

Why not crawl back to Elektro hospital?

We already cleaned it out before hand' date=' other than server hopping for loot we had no choice.

[/quote']

There's no way you cleared elektro hospital of all morphine. Did you check the boxes? I think those have like 5, and then about 3-4 boxes per hospital. Not sure though.

You did have a choice. You can move away a good distance and go back and check if the loot respawned.

So DC and join a new server?... So ideally what you're saying is to exploit. Got it. Keep that in mind next time I play a survival game where the only goal is to play and survive. Thankfully, a lot of people are saying that exploits help you stay alive. I didn't know what they meant until now...

There's no way you cleared elektro hospital of all morphine. Did you check the boxes? I think those have like 5' date=' and then about 3-4 boxes per hospital. Not sure though.

[/quote']

There's a whole other story about what happened before hand, but if you demand answers + facts, then here it goes :D. My buddy and I that were in Elektro were fending off zombies ( remember this is BEFORE our great crawl + impatient insisting friend ) when I broke a bone in a building with barbed wire placed at the door ways, not allowing me to leave. Thankfully my friend took quick notice (Steam Chat FTW) and headed for the Hospital for me and found himself blood packs and an injector, he used this injector on me. Then the events told in the first post in this thread took place.

You did have a choice. You can move away a good distance and go back and check if the loot respawned.

Us being so new to this game, we didn't know how the loot respawn system worked.

[/quote']

So maybe you do deserve a cookie.

I remember on my previous life I got a broken leg and crawled to the nearest deer tower hoping against hope there would be a morphine there. After 20mins of crawling I made it and decided I would risk climbing a ladder with a broken leg. And to my surprise a deer stand actually came through and there was a morphine injector. Never felt so lucky in my life.

:O I didn't even know you could climb a ladder when the broken bone icon is showing, learning something new everyday! I've yet to see a deer stand =/.

Wow.. Not one deer hut? I like to loot those as they are the safest way to get loot.

You need to get a map online and look at where they all are.

You learn a lot more from a good crawl than wandering the countryside with tier 1 military loot. Good for you.

Also, people don't usually understand sarcasm on the net. If you even mention exploits in your post plan for your thread to get spammed with junk posts that have nothing to do with the original topic until it is closed or worse.

I crawl from Elektro to Cherno all the time! For fun.

Not really for fun, I just don't feel confident when traveling alone.

Because some people enjoy playing the game for the sake of actually getting into it and trying to survive no matter the odds rather than just restarting at the slightest opposition to our Deer Stand farming runs.

Too bad theres only 3 reliable places to get morphine in the whole game, and that going to any of these places on a populated server and actually trying to loot comes with a 50/50 chance of you dying.