Sign in to follow this  
TheDjgandalf

Recognize opponent

Hello I wanted to ask andzwar I have the feeling that dayZ is very blurred etc and so it is very difficult for me to recognize enemies at a distance. Can you help me in any way here are my settings of the config 
version=2;
blood=1;
singleVoice=0;
gamma=1;
battleyeLicense=1;
lastMPMission="chernarusplus";
inputVersion=1;
perspective=1;
trackIR=1;
freeTrack=1;
mouseSmoothing=0;
maxSamplesPlayed=96;
TexQuality=4;
tripleHead=0;
showTitles=1;
vehicleFreelook=0;
shadowQuality=1;
mouseSensitivityX=0.34999999;
mouseSensitivityY=0.3499999999;
controllerSensitivityX=1;
controllerSensitivityY=1;
volumeMaster=10;
volumeCD=0;
volumeFX=10;
volumeSpeech=5;
volumeVoN=10;
fromRecThreshold=0.029999999;
brightness=1.05;
uiTopLeftX=0;
uiTopLeftY=0.033333343;
uiBottomRightX=1;
uiBottomRightY=0.96666664;
IGUIScale=0.69999999;
headBob=0;
sceneComplexity=1000000;
shadowZDistance=100;
viewDistance=1600;
preferredObjectViewDistance=1300;
terrainGrid=3,125;
fov=0.95993;

Can you be a bit more specific, what situations make if hard for you to recognize an opponent? Is it specific environment like trees and grass, do you have trouble distinguishing infected and players, is the visibility better when you zoom in/use a scope?

Generally speaking, player camouflage does work in the game albeit there are bugs like an attachment or weapon will be clearly visible even if the player's body is concealed. Player movement is visible well from a distance, so again it will depend on the environment and what the player is wearing.

I agree that the game is kinda blurry, especially in the distance, there is a lot of texture pop-in and some scenery is outright human shaped until it pops-in or you focus on it. 

Yesterday I saw an opponent for a very long time but I thought it was an infected one that was about 150-200 meters before I discovered him as a player. It happens to me very often that I get shot and it is very difficult to recognize him from close to medium distance. In the scope everything is in order (4x zoom)
And I have tried so many things but it doesn't work out. I hope that is understandable.

Edited by TheDjgandalf

So I looked at my config file and there definitely are differences in what I would consider the key settings. Not sure which setting in game is scene complexity, that is the one which you have a higher setting, but otherwise I would suggest you experiment with view distance and terrain quality. At lower settings the game is indeed quite muddy. 

sceneComplexity=750000;
shadowZDistance=175;
viewDistance=2200;
preferredObjectViewDistance=1375.8242;
terrainGrid=6.25;

Thank you very much. I will test yours.
Are there any others here who have had experience with it? 

If they aren't moving like a zombie, they aren't a zombie.... even if you can't clearly see the figure, it should be easy to tell by their movement (or lack of movement).