Zalic

Is it worth buliding a base yet?

I've been playing this game since 0.63 and have had attempted multiple times to build a base. However every i time i bulid one my walls, gates or locks were destroyed and i was raided. They've never really even been big bases either. Just a berrel or two inside. I've noticed on the server i play on more bases popping up and many of them intact for long periods of time. I lone wolf it so i dont normally break into someone's base but a person was building fairly close to a dig spot of mine so i attempted to hack saw their lock off. The saw was destroyed within 10 secs of using it. I actually took it as a good sign. Do other tools, sledge hammers, axes and what not destroy faster thus making harder when trying to raide a base? I just want to know before i put in the time and effort of making a base and if it's worth my while now. If not I'll just keep burrying my stuff in the woods.

Bases are pointless if you want them to actually protect anything. If you have loot that you really need to stash (personally I don't get it) then just bury it out hide it underwater. Bases could be fun to build in terms of giving you an in game objective. Same as cars. Occasionally I might fix up a car just for something to do but I don't expect to still have that car next time I log on. 

Private servers? Yea.

Public servers? Oh hell naw.