deltaforce11

Hello everybody!

I am a new player, and NOT from that yoghurt or whatever that person's name/thing is.

A couple of friends suggested this Mod so here I am, I have just purchased ARMAII+OA just for it and it will be a while before i am able to actually get in-game (15GB download! Argh!).

I am from England and I was wondering if there were any useful tips for a new player? I've read a couple of guides about how to approach buildings, be stealthy and lose zombies as well as reading the gear thread to see what awesome gear people have and i have a couple of questions.

I was wondering if there would be any future updates for the DayZ mod which would include other ARMAII expansions such as the british forces weapons etc?

Are there any extra things i should read up on and any useful tips anyone could provide me with?

Are there any groups/clans recruiting new players?

How scarce is the ammo/weapon drops?

Thank you for any information! :)

( If this has been posted in the wrong section i apologize! )

For weapon / ammo drop, you find that stuff everywhere. IF you know where to look, you can always have a good primary and secondary in 30 min game time.

Look in the survivor HQ fourm for groups/clans

Theres already a few british weapons. That assault rifle with NV scope, and the AS50

Welcome to these here fourms. There may be some asshats, but most of us are quit nice :)

Check out the GuideZ channel for Quick Starts and other tips

Check out the GuideZ channel for Quick Starts and other tips

Definitely check that out, and also;

http://dayzwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=A_Beginners_Guide

You might wanna do the ArmA 2 bootcamp too. Get a feel of the controls and tweak settings, they are quite complex at first. Also don't use six launcher or atleast close it once you're in-game; that bitch lags like hell and made me/others appear invisible lol.

ive heard that the exspansion packs like baf and pmc give u hd stuff like ghille suit not sure but make sure to check survivor hq out

Firstly,

Thank you all for your prompt responses, It is reassuring to see friendly forum users! :)

I am reading through the pages selected now. I will probably buy more of the expansions/DLC once i've gotten into the game!

@Soldier of Fortune & Everyone!: Thanks for the tips! :):):)

I am a new player' date=' and NOT from that yoghurt or whatever that person's name/thing is.

A couple of friends suggested this Mod so here I am, I have just purchased ARMAII+OA just for it and it will be a while before i am able to actually get in-game (15GB download! Argh!).

I am from England and I was wondering if there were any useful tips for a new player? I've read a couple of guides about how to approach buildings, be stealthy and lose zombies as well as reading the gear thread to see what awesome gear people have and i have a couple of questions.

I was wondering if there would be any future updates for the DayZ mod which would include other ARMAII expansions such as the british forces weapons etc?

Are there any extra things i should read up on and any useful tips anyone could provide me with?

Are there any groups/clans recruiting new players?

How scarce is the ammo/weapon drops

Thank you for any information! :)

( If this has been posted in the wrong section i apologize! )

[/quote']

Well mate, you're from England so that's a good start, so me old pedigree chum i will set you on a path to glory.

Here take a look at this map, memorise the cunt.

http://dayzdb.com/map

Trust me boy its the best one out there.

South coast = bandit/bean wars.

East coast = sneak and survive.

West side = Boring but deadly.

North = cuntville bandit country and server/loot hoppers.

Middle = make it or break it.

Oh yeah, DON'T! Try to be all fuckin fancy climbing ladders, mountain climbing and getting on top of buildings and shit, you WILL get burst open one way or another, so keep low and keep your fuckin heed doon (head down).

I had no idea of the scale of the maps until i clicked on that link... oh my god.

I had no idea of the scale of the maps until i clicked on that link... oh my god.

It's big allright :-) Welcome to Dayz, hope you'll enjoy your stay.

Okay so my first attempt didn't end well however on my second attempt I've gotten some gear but I am stuck in a building with a broken leg! I have no painkillers/morphine with zombies all around me! HELLLLLLLLLLLP! D: