THEGordonFreeman

Geared But Dead Expansion

JrlYcQ.png

I'm not going to BS you.  Older Wiser Gamers is a community for anyone older than 25 YO.  We are looking for people who are mature and want to play the game the way it's MEANT to be played.

Anyone can play on our servers, and we encourage FAIR PLAY at all times.  Our server admin won't bother you while playing, and cheaters/glitchers/exploiters don't stick around very long.
We are actively recruiting MATURE GAMERS, 25 YO+ is a hard rule in our community and our 30+ members enjoy that.  We have lots of friends under 25 that play along with us and against us.  We host SATURDAY NIGHT MADNESS events weekly.
CLANS/GROUPS- Are you sick of playing with children?  Tired of the endless waaaah--waaaah and drama?  Our servers number one feature is not any mod, but our NO DRAMA policy.  If drama is detected, drama is ejected.  We don't put up with it in our Discord, or in our side chat.  
If this sounds like your cup of tea, come check us out!

HTTPS://DISCORD.IO/MATUREGAMING

owl-trans.png

Edited by THEGordonFreeman

What mods do I need for this server? I cannot find a list anywhere and I can't connect with what I currently have. Returning player, haven't played in years.

Edit: Figured it out. I never used the launcher before.

Edited by afatblueberry

We are actively looking for people and groups who want to play the LONG game.  Build a base.  Get established.  Start their own drug enterprise.  Buy great Vehicles and the Best Gear.  Hunt and Be Hunted.  Raid and Be Raided.  Start all out wars.

If you are looking for a place to call home, we are building your server.  You get a say in what mods are loaded and how we move forward.  We have polls and and a suggestion box in our Discord.

And if you are 25+ YO and are looking for a group of like-minded mature players.  Please come talk to us in our Discord.

Last night two of us were moving 4.5 million rubles from our base to the Black Market Trader to buy a brand new THUG LIFE TIGRE.  Completely pimped and ready to roll.  About 800m out, I saw and heard the bear stand up on two legs directly in front of me.  It attacked.  Scared whitless, and another word that rhymes with "whit".  I ran, my partner unloaded his AKM at the beast, and I whipped out my SR25 and began pouring 308 into it as well, after dozens of rounds each, the beast was down.

All I could think of was my precious cargo and losing it all to a stupid bear.  That is the REAL DAYZ feeling.  That is how GEARED BUT DEAD is setup.  RISK vs REWARD IN ALL ACTIONS.

We don't just PvP.  We PvP with purpose and we are looking for others that want to play DAYZ as it was meant to be played... the LONG game.  Get to know us as a community, get established on this server and other's we will be hosting in the future.  Help us shape how these servers are created, what mods are used, how the loot economy works.

And if you are 25+ YO or older, come and join the OWG DayZ Division for a blast. 

SERVER UPDATE: We just finished a redesign of our Traders.  We removed the SOLNICHNY trader completely, and moved our NC Trader to ALTAR.  Also, as a result of the move, New Spawns will have 400 Rubles in their pocket to get them started.

Serious question... Are you over 25 years old and tired of playing with children?  You know what I'm talking about, right? The ones who constantly bitch and cry that their car disappeared, or they crashed into a fence, or a bear killed them at the trader, or some guy was hacking because he killed them....waaah....waaaah. The Older Wiser Gaming Community is looking for gamers with a little seasoning under their armpits.  Our community and even the servers we run, like DayZ, feature a NO DRAMA policy.  That includes Discord, comms, and sidechat.  And we don't replace lost or stolen goods, even through a game glitch.
Look, I am the admin of our DayZ server, and we have about 15 guys playing DayZ regularly in our group, and when THEY ask, they get a resounding NOOOOOOOO!  I understand it's hard and the game glitches and takes your stuff away, it happens to me as well, but you pull your big boy panties up and get back to the grind.  Fair play, means fair play, including me.  We may not have the most popular DayZ server, hell, I am not interested in it being THE most popular, but we are looking for players interested in playing the LONG game AND PvP.  I'd rather have 25 to 30 regular players that want to play the game correctly, than 70 or 80 just glitching crap down on the coast.  And we are always looking for new recruits within the DayZ Division.

COME SEE US:
HTTPS://DISCORD.IO/MATUREGAMING

We've been together as a group for 6 years.  We've been a part of other larger gaming groups, and in the last 2 years have developed our own gaming community.  We came together playing DayZ and now we are branching out and hosting other community servers as well.
I made this music video 4 years ago, it gives you a little taste of what we are about, and it's a tribute to some of the best people I have ever had the pleasure of playing games with, many have become personal friends of mine.
If after watching this, you'd like to join in on the fun, come by the server or drop into our Discord

TONIGHT!!!!! GET GEARED and GET ON THE COAST!  RESCUE THE PRISONER/KEEP HIM ALIVE UNTIL MIDNIGHT!  GET REWARDED!

snm-5720.png?width=1269&height=677

sweepclear.png?width=1354&height=677

middlesweep.png

OPERATION: SWEEP & CLEAR YOUR MISSION IS TO SECURE ONE OF THE TOWNS SHOWN BELOW! THIS WEEK YOU SHOULD MAKE STASHES SO YOU CAN REARM IF YOU DIE.

OWG WILL BE SCOUTING TOWN TO TOWN CLEARING ANY RESISTANCE. THEY WILL HAVE A VERY UNIQUE VEHICLE WITH THEM FULL OF WEAPONS AND GEAR THEY WILL BE GUARDING.

SPAWNS WILL BE CHANGED FOR THE EVENT SO YOU WILL SPAWN NEAR THE EVENT LOCATION. SPAWNS WILL BE CHANGED BACK TO NORMAL AFTER EVENT.

If you are looking for a community that does not put up with toxic people or toxic play, we are your home.

If you are over 25 years old and tried of playing with whining children, we are a community you should become involved in.

If you want fair play, a fair admin, and a fair setup on a DayZ server, our server should be your home.

If you have ideas and want to vote on mods and major server changes, then our Discord gives you that ability.

Have a problem at 4 AM and no admin is around?  Write a ticket up on our Discord, an admin will get with you and help you out.

We are looking for people who want to play DayZ's long game.  Building a base, hunting players, raiding bases, growing weed, and participating in exciting events.  If this is you, then our server is your DayZ home.

Older Wiser Gamers is a community of older gamers, by older gamers, and FOR OLDER GAMERS.  Anyone can join our DayZ server, and even our Discord.  But to become a real OWG member you have to be over 25 yo, play fairly, and play with us to be invited into membership.

Our server info is below... we look forward to seeing you in game.

sweepclear.png?width=1354&height=677

middlesweep.png

Our BIG event is this Saturday night.  OWG will have a unique vehicle full of weapons and gear they will be guarding as they move to sweep and clear the towns shown above.
Best advice is to make a gear stash somewhere close.  Spawnpoints WILL BE CHANGED during the event so people will spawn much closer.
Also, we just launched our FACEBOOK page.  Come check us out!

OWGAMING FACEBOOK PAGE

Our events have  been out of control.  Here's a quick clip of our event from two weeks ago, lots of chaos in comms and a Benny Hill moment...

Crazy right?  Well on Tuesday's we have mini-events, and this coming Tuesday, May 19, at 8-10 PM CST we will be holding a fight clu----SSSHHHHH! We don't talk about it, so you can just look at this flyer below.
tuesdayfightclub.png?width=717&height=40

So we have the Friendly Fight Club event tonight and then this coming Saturday Night.... we have this planned!

scavenger.png?width=1354&height=677

IF YOU ARE SICK OF PLAYING WITH CHILDREN

IF YOU ARE TIRED OF THE BITCHING AND MOANING

IF YOU WANT TO PLAY FAIR AND HAVE FAIR ADMIN'S

IF YOU WANT TO PLAY THE LONG GAME OF DAYZ

IF YOU DESIRE TO BUILD A BASE FOR YOU AND YOUR CREW

IF YOU WANT TO HUNT PLAYERS OR RAID BASES FAIRLY

IF YOU ENJOY PLAYING GREAT BIG EVENTS WITH LOTS OF ACTION

THEN YOU SHOULD COME AND JOIN THE COMMUNITY ON....

gearedbutdead.png?width=1354&height=677

SHHHH... DON'T TALK ABOUT FIGH---  UHH, NO, IT'S NOT THAT KIND OF EVENT.  BUT IT IS....
secret.png?width=1354&height=677

GET GEARED AND PREPARED FOR MAYHEM!  LOTS OF PRIZES TO BE GIVEN AWAY!

BIG TIME TONIGHT!  COME GEAR UP FOR OUR WHOLE SERVER EVENT!  EVERYONE COULD POSSIBLY WIN SOMETHING BY PARTICIPATING! BUT IT'S STILL A SECRET!

SERVER: GEARED BUT DEAD|OWGAMING
DISCORD: HTTPS://WWW.DISCORD.IO/MATUREGAMING

CHECK OUR #EVENTS CHANNEL FOR DETAILS AS THEY ARE AVAILABLE!

ANOTHER SATURDAY NIGHT MADNESS EVENT IS COMING!
There is a military coup underway.  The OWG terrorists are taking over cities across Chernarus.  The resistance has learned their next attack will be on Elektro this Saturday around 9 PM CST.  Spies are reporting OWG forces are gathering weapons and vehicles and plan to move to setup a small camp in Elektro to lock it down.  All resistance should start preparing for this conflict.  OWG must be stopped.  Make stashes near Elektro so you can arm yourself quickly this week.  Expect heavy fighting.  We also have reports of a large shipment of drugs and/or money will be moving with them as well.  Be prepared for war.

LOCKDOWN.png?width=1354&height=677

Unless an update messes us up, we are doing this!

Come one, Come All and get geared up for a  wild time.  Try and take Rify, if you can.

rify.png

WE HAVE A NO BS COMMITMENT TO OUR PLAYERS.  OUR COMMUNITY UPHOLDS THE FOLLOWING 3 CORE VALUES:

• TOXIC BEHAVIOR IS NOT TOLERATED
  • NO DRAMA OR DRAMA QUEENS WHO BRING IT
  • ALWAYS FAIR PLAY

WE'VE BEEN RUNNING DAYZ SERVERS OVER 4 YEARS.  WE RUN OTHER SERVERS FOR OUR COMMUNITY AS WELL LIKE ATLAS AND ARK.   WE ARE LOOKING FOR LIKE-MINDED PLAYERS WHO JUST WANT TO PLAY GAMES AND LEAVE THE WORLD BEHIND.  WE ARE NOT AN RP COMMUNITY.  ALTHOUGH SOME LIKE TO DO THAT ON OUR SERVERS.

IF YOU OR YOU'RE GROUP ARE LOOKING FOR A PLACE TO PLAY AND DON'T LIKE BIG DRAMA OR TONS OF RULES.  WE KEEP THINGS SIMPLE, BUT FAIR.  HAVE YOUR VOICE HEARD IN HOW THE SERVER IS SHAPED.  OLDER WISER GAMERS IS COMPRISED OF GAMERS OVER 25 YEARS OLD.  WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU SOON!