Sign in to follow this  
lit.andrey88

open 2 four-digit code locks

Good afternoon. I don’t know whether to ask questions about cheats in dayz in this thread, so I apologize in advance if I created a topic in the wrong section. Tonight, someone opened 2 four-digit code locks on the gates that we built in the castle.  Server DayZ NL 3664689 (Public) - Hosted by Multiplay.com. Is it possible to find out how long they opened them and opened them honestly by brute force or used cheats? We checked if you open such a lock by busting starting from 0, then it takes 30 minutes for 1000 combinations. To open the castle by busting, they should have spent about 4 hours at least. We were not there for about 12 hours. At the same time, only hatchets and nails were taken from our base. I can’t believe that the player will perform such a boring operation as opening 2 passages of significant code locks just to pick up 500 nails. Therefore, please, can you check the time for which these locks were open and if they were open to cheats (as you received a code lock code from the server) then take measures against these players. And fix the game mechanics when opening the code locks (for example, pass the code to the client in md5 with some additional values). My steamid g_steamID = "76561198846426721"

Edited by lit.andrey88

There's no admins for official servers so there's no way to check that. Maybe someone glitched into your base. I understand there's a way to do that with cars.

Castles and many buildings are not secure in dayz, people can glitch the walls and build up to windows/roof and destroy your base from the inside.  Even built base gates can be glitched past.  That’s just the players not running cheats.

Edited by Perf3Cto

On 4/24/2020 at 5:33 AM, lit.andrey88 said:

I can’t believe that the player will perform such a boring operation as opening 2 passages of significant code locks just to pick up 500 nails.

I'd believe it.  If this was a regular to that server, as you and your base apparently are, then it's not absolutely shocking that someone would break into somewhere and not take anything.  I've done that myself as well.  It's more about the feat of breaking in than actually taking anything.  Also, nails are one of the few items that you can never have enough of.  Maybe a regular on that server took your nails because they have a base, too.  There's also the line of thinking that if you don't steal everything then the base 'owner' wont move it, thus leaving a fruit bearing tree to harvest.  

Anyway, your request wont be fulfilled.  Especially on an official server.  Just think of how that would open the flood door to frivolous, infinite, and non-profitable requests that devs would have to address.

Perhaps you should reconsider where you stash your loot.  Bases are most definitely the worst places to hide loot.  Go to your base, walk 200 meters past it, and bury your VSS in an underground stash.  Good luck.