PonziScheme

Suggestions to fix in-game comms PS4?

So, my in-game comms don't work and when I check the Online players, my character isn't ticked for "VOIP enabled." Prioritize game chat is enabled on console and I'm able to chat in every other game I play. I've tried uninstalling and re-installing the game, unplugging the console for 24 hours, and checked all the settings on the console. My internet is fast enough that I rarely get in-game lag so that shouldn't be a problem. Voice test on the console works fine and all settings are turned on. I've also tried multiple headsets; PS Gold, Runmus, and Turtle Beach.

What am I missing? 

4 hours ago, PonziScheme said:

So, my in-game comms don't work and when I check the Online players, my character isn't ticked for "VOIP enabled." Prioritize game chat is enabled on console and I'm able to chat in every other game I play. I've tried uninstalling and re-installing the game, unplugging the console for 24 hours, and checked all the settings on the console. My internet is fast enough that I rarely get in-game lag so that shouldn't be a problem. Voice test on the console works fine and all settings are turned on. I've also tried multiple headsets; PS Gold, Runmus, and Turtle Beach.

What am I missing? 

Hi, 

I would like to advise you to reach our customer service here: https://feedback.bistudio.com/project/view/42/

Our team may be able to help you.

Same thing here, it seems pretty random whether VOIP is actually working and sometimes I have to quit the game and start it again to make it work.

Its been like this for several updates and there are scores of us affected by it.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Greensek said:

Hi, 

I would like to advise you to reach our customer service here: https://feedback.bistudio.com/project/view/42/

Our team may be able to help you.

I already reached out to customer service and the reply I received was "our devs are aware of the problem and are working on it." That would be fine if it were a PS4 problem universally, but this doesn't seem to be a PS4 problem, just a "me" problem.

1 hour ago, PonziScheme said:

I already reached out to customer service and the reply I received was "our devs are aware of the problem and are working on it." That would be fine if it were a PS4 problem universally, but this doesn't seem to be a PS4 problem, just a "me" problem.

You can try to rebuild the database of your PS4, you shouldn't lose anything during the process, and may fix your issue.

You can look it up online, there's some guides on how to do it.

Meanwhile I'll keep investigating that issue with our team.

9 hours ago, Greensek said:

You can try to rebuild the database of your PS4, you shouldn't lose anything during the process, and may fix your issue.

Will do.

Edit: didn't work. Any other ideas?

Edited by PonziScheme
  • Confused 1

On 3/13/2020 at 6:57 PM, PonziScheme said:

Will do.

Edit: didn't work. Any other ideas?

Not really 😕
But as I said, the team is already aware of it, and we are investigating it.

• Confused 1

Estou com o mesmo problema de Voip no PS4, já fiz tudo troquei fones de ouvido controles fiz restauração de bancos de dados tudo.. pensando até em desistir do dayz me ajude por favor o que está acontecendo 😔

Edited by Zeniecky

Same issue here. Tried everything. Reinstall, rebuild database, even tried starting a solo party chat and prioritizing in game audio to see if that would work (like some people suggested), but no luck. Really annoying when you’re trying not to get killed because you can’t yell “friendly!”.

• Like 1

On 3/13/2020 at 4:00 AM, Greensek said:

2 updates have pushed through in the last couple of months and VOIP still doesn't work. Are the devs actually working on this or is it lip service? Not trying to be rude, but if they aren't working on fixing it I may as well sell the disk. The game is just not fun if the only interaction I can have with other players is at the end of a gun barrel.