Sign in to follow this  
supernick

helicopter crash lore

hi survivors, here are some sentences about helicrash, feel free to comment.

1) helicrashes appear just AT SERVER RESTART, true or false?

2) helicrashes appear every hour, true or false?

3) helicrash loot NEVER respawn, only just one time, true or false?

4) helicrash loot can respawn before it disappear, or at server restart? true or false

1 heli spawns are calculated from restart times so from every 6 hour restart for our server

2 heli crashes timers are determined by what ever the server has them for   from memory it's about 41 minutes by default

3 loot doesn't (shouldn't) respawn  should only be what's there

4 false

I have seen zombies respawn at a heli crash though

Edited by mother1977

I was right 41.66 minutes (2500 seconds)

this can be found in the mpmissions\dayzOffline.chernarusplus\db\events.xml

this is what it should look like by default

<event name="StaticHeliCrash">
        <nominal>6</nominal>
        <min>4</min>
        <max>7</max>
        <lifetime>2500</lifetime>
        <restock>0</restock>
        <saferadius>1000</saferadius>
        <distanceradius>1000</distanceradius>
        <cleanupradius>1000</cleanupradius>
        <secondary>InfectedArmy</secondary>
        <flags deletable="1" init_random="0" remove_damaged="0"/>
        <position>fixed</position>
        <limit>child</limit>
        <active>1</active>
        <children>
            <child lootmax="20" lootmin="10" max="7" min="4" type="Wreck_Mi8"/>
            <child lootmax="20" lootmin="10" max="7" min="4" type="Wreck_UH1Y"/>
        </children>
    </event>

so lets look at each layer/line

name = obviously what your looking at

nominal = how many on average you get on the server (in this case 6 spread out over the map)

min = minimum amount of spawns that can be present

max = the maximum amount of spawns that can be present

life time = how long the chopper spawn lasts in seconds  default as stated is 2500 seconds or 41.66 minutes   if you wish to have them faster may I suggest no fast that 20 mins totally off the wall otherwise

restock = n/a

radius group (x3 lines) is not necessary to touch

secondary = is the army dudes

the next 4 lines don't fuck with

children is where you can have fun.

child loot max and min = the amount of loot top and bottom amounts that can spawn in ( and anything in between)

max and min = the amount of zombies/infected you can have spawn there - suggestion not to go over 20ish as your top, as it can lag server performance

type = chopper type 

so by changing or adjusting these numbers you can tailor your server the way you want it!

hope this helps mate

• Beans 1

Heli crashes are a bit of a grey area for me since I started playing the game. It culminated last week when in one day I spotted four different Heli sites which all disappeared as I got to them. This was after months where I think I had found two  or three ever. This week I have found four on Livonia official servers and three on the original servers Tonight limited for choice I tried a modded community server where my mate had already been on an hour. Running to him as a fresh spawn I found three in just over an hour oh and my first ever bear attack. Whatever they have done I do not know but I approve. Each crash had VSS VSD and M4;s and the last one tonight on the modded Community server gave me a Lar and as I was at a military site I quickly picked up two mags. I don't know what to say about Heli's as I reckon something has changed to suddenly start finding so many though I was off the beaten track and litteraly fell over them rather than spot them from a distance.

I've only ever found three or four heli crash sites on public servers but they did have some good guns there. I have the map showing location sites but is there any particular area where I am more likely to find one or is it just random? 

Not yet seen a bear but wolves seem to be everywhere in the lower half of Livonia.

38 minutes ago, Trev_Bash said:

I've only ever found three or four heli crash sites on public servers but they did have some good guns there. I have the map showing location sites but is there any particular area where I am more likely to find one or is it just random? 

Not yet seen a bear but wolves seem to be everywhere in the lower half of Livonia.

helicopters are three per 50 mins or so. completely random

wolves are likely to spawn if you trigger them ie pass through their area

there are only a number of bears so its more random

• Thanks 1

Hi Guys
Do you know if restock option works on events, especilly on heli crashes? We would like to do them very rare but restock option seems to not be taken into consideration at all.

Thanks

Great info in here! Quick question summary:

1. False.

2. False. Three helicopters will spawn at a random crash site every 41-42 minutes. Only three appear on the map at one time. They randomize after every 41-42 minute cycle.

3. True. The way I am interpreting your question is that loot will spawn only if a helicopter is present. It will not randomly spawn at the sites without the helicopter crash event. Some loot is specific to helicopter crash sites, and cannot respawn in other civilian or military locations.

4. False.  (Loot will despawn with helicopter despawn.)

On 6/7/2020 at 3:12 AM, Benyse343 said:

Hi Guys
Do you know if restock option works on events, especilly on heli crashes? We would like to do them very rare...

Greetings. Restock is unavailable for helicopter crashes. However, if you want them to be more rare, increase the lifetime value. This is a simple solution, though not exactly what you wanted with the mechanics. Lifetime is 2500s vanilla. If changed to 43200s, helicopters would only randomize twice a day. Effectively, there would be 6 helicopter crashes in a real time, 24-hour cycle. 28800s for 9 helis, 21600s for 12 helis, and if you only want three per day, set lifetime to 86400s. 

Edited by EzyStriderPS4
Grammar.