generalmayhem

A Great Sunday ( but at a price )

During the last two weeks with such carp weather and my legs both being still in plaster I have put some serious time in on the PS4 DayZ platform. I tend to play four different servers as four different types of player. Last week was a terrible week when I had some issues for the first time in a long time with guns disappearing from my inventory and was twice the reason why I died. The last DayZ update fixed this but i was already well agrieved having spotted four Heli Crashes in that week which all disappeared when I got to them before I could loot. This week has been a average week with no issues in game and some win some you lose some interactions with other players. The main downer though was Rain real Heavy Rain lots and lots of real Heavy Rain. It got so bad Friday I went to log in and Yes it was raining Heavy rain so I logged back out and said no more so left the game until today when I kept looking at the PS 4 and finally gave in. I put nine hours in today between two of the servers where it was sunny and some great play ensued. Even better the two servers I logged into had smoking helis within a minute of my place of spawn which both rewarded me well and some serious sniping kills today. Two were to save new spawns from geared players. What pleasure do geared players get against defenceless new spawns. I did log in to a third server as well to see if my heli luck was still in but instead as the game rendered in I see before me 5 ( I think ) fully geared players running away from me across a field about 30 metres away and heading into a wood. Timing and luck and my dinner was on my lap meant that was for another day. But my point is two weeks ago hours and hours of rain then today no rain and a far better experience. Can somebody do something to even out the rain or after today they may have already. i also notice a server with maybe forty out of sixty pop will quickly drop to less than ten when the rain starts so I think its not just me not enjoying ithe wet stuff.

some personal thoughts:

helicrashes are really most dangerous spot in the game. When you discover one (no smoked heli = less dangerous because more difficult to see far away) my hint is run toward it, grab swiftly only high valour item (ghillie and weapons) and flee. Sure, that is a dangerous way 'cause of deadly sniper, but if you see 4 military zombies maybe no one reached it....maybe.

About rain: best equip is the fireman jacket + fireman pants + raincoat, you have less resistance (specially with zombies) but you smile at rainstorms

• Like 1

Or, cook some meat. Put a piece of meat in your top, pants, vest, backpack etc.

If you've got cooked meat on you, it never cools down. So until it gets patched as long as you keep cooked meats in your inventory you'll still get wet but your health doesn't go down.

I keep a cooked piece of human meat in each of my bits of clothing. Since doing this, the weather doesn't have the same effect.

Has Heli crashes been altered across the board. Tried different servers to my normal ones today two official two community and found four Heli crashes one on each server. All untouched with some prime loot on some decent Pop servers. Still packed them all as taking someones advice in get a raincoat when the rains came which they did I deliberately looked from spawn for one and found not one and even fresh spawned with a virus which killed me in an hour so shall not be returning to that server.