Avet-hugx5x

Thanks for the update and quickness regarding this on the consoles.

So, does this mean they actually fixed the inventory bugs and if so, which ones?  I'm hearing the reload button is still a problem (triangle) and some new bugs have been introduced like the mic turning on when accessing your inventory.  ......essentially alerting folks nearby that you're there when you really don't want your presence known.  

I'm glad they are finally trying to fix these things but personally, I'll reserve my kudos to them until I hear more about just what has actually been fixed and what new problems they have introduced this time. 

Just now, Kean__1 said:

So, does this mean they actually fixed the inventory bugs and if so, which ones?  I'm hearing the reload button is still a problem (triangle) and some new bugs have been introduced like the mic turning on when accessing your inventory.  ......essentially alerting folks nearby that you're there when you really don't want your presence known.  

I'm glad they are finally trying to fix these things but personally, I'll reserve my kudos to them until I hear more about just what has actually been fixed and what new problems they have introduced this time. 

the update is lit, I play xbox but its pretty much the same, holding R to reload hasn't given me ghost bullets once, and I've been playing some high loot (really fucking high) spawn st nwaf 70 slot servers where the server is shitting itself so that's a good sign.

20 hours ago, RyanS1994 said:

the update is lit, I play xbox but its pretty much the same, holding R to reload hasn't given me ghost bullets once, and I've been playing some high loot (really fucking high) spawn st nwaf 70 slot servers where the server is shitting itself so that's a good sign.

Well, since that post of mine I rented a server again and played a few sessions.  What I discovered is that while some things regarding the inventory seem better, things still get stuck in containers (e.g. car trunks, barrels, tents, etc. if you don't use the work-arounds.  

The reload button use to cause my weapons to glitch to where you couldn't reload the weapon anymore, the magazine, etc.  Ghost-bullets (in my case) could happen with weapons also loaded using the combine method so it wasn't isolated to using the reload action for me.  After the patch, I have not tried using the button yet but to be honest, a more glaring, new issue has come up that has been ruining my gameplay.  .......frame rate issues. 

The gameplay at times will get so choppy that it becomes unplayable IMO.  This is apparently one of the new issues brought about by the latest update (as usual).  Beyond that, I just don't see any big improvements with this inventory as I still have to use work-arounds and management, browsing, etc. still seems clunky (e.g. scrolling down/up you still can't see everything at times and have to fiddle with it).    

The one big improvement I can say I'm happy with (which was an addition) is the ability to edit the files on private servers.  

Edited by Kean__1

Just now, Kean__1 said:

Well, since that post of mine I rented a server again and played a few sessions.  What I discovered is that while some things regarding the inventory seem better, things still get stuck in containers (e.g. car trunks, barrels, tents, etc. if you don't use the work-arounds.  

The reload button use to cause my weapons to glitch to where you couldn't reload the weapon anymore, the magazine, etc.  Ghost-bullets (in my case) could happen with weapons also loaded using the combine method so it wasn't isolated to using the reload action for me.  After the patch, I have not tried using the button yet but to be honest, a more glaring, new issue has come up that has been ruining my gameplay.  .......frame rate issues. 

The gameplay at times will get so choppy that it becomes unplayable IMO.  This is apparently one of the new issues brought about by the latest update (as usual).  Beyond that, I just don't see any big improvements with this inventory as I still have to use work-arounds and management, browsing, etc. still seems clunky (e.g. scrolling down/up you still can't see everything at times and have to fiddle with it).    

The one big improvement I can say I'm happy with (which was an addition) is the ability to edit the files on private servers.  

I agree the frames are lower but not significantly to make it unenjoyable, and I play on a day one of xbox, literally the oldest one you could own and apparently the basic ps4 is more powerful so I don't get why ps4 has the same problems but they're always worse, hopefully they make some serious improvements on frame drops by optimization, obviously ps4 didn't have game preview but if you saw what it was like when I bought the game, the improvements are huge, still not worthy of a full release price tag though, I would never ask my friends to pay that much for it, I got lucky, £18 for the base game and I got a gift card from Microsoft for Christmas so I only paid £5 for Livonia. I can stand the game cos I got it game preview price, but honestly I would be so pissed if I paid what you ps4 guys paid. With that Sai this is my fav game of all time got around 4k hours. Sorry for the wall of text lol.

20 hours ago, RyanS1994 said:

I agree the frames are lower but not significantly to make it unenjoyable, and I play on a day one of xbox, literally the oldest one you could own and apparently the basic ps4 is more powerful so I don't get why ps4 has the same problems but they're always worse, hopefully they make some serious improvements on frame drops by optimization, obviously ps4 didn't have game preview but if you saw what it was like when I bought the game, the improvements are huge, still not worthy of a full release price tag though, I would never ask my friends to pay that much for it, I got lucky, £18 for the base game and I got a gift card from Microsoft for Christmas so I only paid £5 for Livonia. I can stand the game cos I got it game preview price, but honestly I would be so pissed if I paid what you ps4 guys paid. With that Sai this is my fav game of all time got around 4k hours. Sorry for the wall of text lol.

The good news (which leaves some hope) is that they acknowledged the frame rate issues recently in a Twitter response and said they are working on it now.  

It just seems odd that they suddenly became (relatively speaking) more open after this latest TU.  DayZ is also being promoted as being part of a big sale right now on PSN that just started.  .....one in which they touted he 1.07 update addressing bugs in the game.  

EDIT:  They didn't address the frame rate issues in this last patch released a few hours ago but saw another user mention that if you click the R1 button (item wheel button), it will help stop it when it begins to occur.  They said it was caused by inventory interactions or something along those lines.  I tested it and it worked.   As least there is yet another workaround people found for it but this is getting really annoying to have to use these "methods" to get the game mechanics to work while they remain broken.  I would think that if the community has identified ways to make them work right, that would at least give some indication to the devs where to look for the root problem and fix these issues once and for all.  Either way, at least the frame rate issue can be sidestepped it seems.  Definitely not a performance issue with the consoles but still kinda strange if it's happening more on PS4 vs. XB1. 

Edited by Kean__1

30 minutes ago, PonziScheme said:

And yet, they still haven't addressed the lack of in-game comms on PS4. 

Are you saying you can't communicate with others in game?

On 2/22/2020 at 3:46 PM, Kean__1 said:

Are you saying you can't communicate with others in game?

Correct. I'm listed in the "online" section of pause as VOIP not enabled. I've checked every setting on my PS4 console, tried multiple headsets including PS Gold, Runmus, and Turtle Beach, set party chat to "prioritize game chat", etc. Still can't communicate with other players which usually results in a firefight/skirmish. I reported the problem to BI and the response was, "The developers are aware of this problem and are working on it." That was over a month ago.

2 hours ago, PonziScheme said:

Correct. I'm listed in the "online" section of pause as VOIP not enabled. I've checked every setting on my PS4 console, tried multiple headsets including PS Gold, Runmus, and Turtle Beach, set party chat to "prioritize game chat", etc. Still can't communicate with other players which usually results in a firefight/skirmish. I reported the problem to BI and the response was, "The developers are aware of this problem and are working on it." That was over a month ago.

I had the same issue about six weeks ago and tried different phones etc. We had a power cut so could not play until the next day and suddenly everything worked so god knows what happened but they have been faultless since. My brother an engineer reckons it could be something to do with static electricity and said as the power was off for a long time the static effect was gone. I have no clue but 18 hours of no electric fixed my problem.

So I take it that this isn't a PS4 problem universally? I'm just a special hard case? lol.  Maybe I should try uninstalling the game and re-installing after my next death? I'm really frustrated with this because my coms work on every other game I've played.

16 hours ago, generalmayhem said:

I had the same issue about six weeks ago and tried different phones etc. We had a power cut so could not play until the next day and suddenly everything worked so god knows what happened but they have been faultless since. My brother an engineer reckons it could be something to do with static electricity and said as the power was off for a long time the static effect was gone. I have no clue but 18 hours of no electric fixed my problem.

2 hours ago, PonziScheme said:

So I take it that this isn't a PS4 problem universally? I'm just a special hard case? lol.  Maybe I should try uninstalling the game and re-installing after my next death? I'm really frustrated with this because my coms work on every other game I've played.

I have gone out of my way in recent weeks in trying to understand why some come on here having major issues and running down the game when I have been on the same servers and had none. I know the game does have issues and along the way I have had issues but they have been almost nothing to others. i tried to come at it as a first timer learning a new technology and boy what a learning curve. I know for sure now that outside influences can massively affect online gaming such as power supply, internet supply even the quality of gaming equipment and how accurately you deploy it. One important thing I did learn was about Hackers who were a known influence on many early console issues and performance. I did not realise that these servers are constantly under attack and of course the information that comes out is only as good or bad as the information that went in and if it has been manipulated. At the end of it all even though I have learnt a lot I still say what I have learnt still leaves me bewildered at how complex online gaming is.

The inventory bugs got worse after this update. When friends drop items they are not seen and you cant pick them up. Also when you put items into crates , tents you cant get them out. The PS4 has been totally forgotten and if i could i would not recommend this game to any one! 

• Like 1