Jake Blake

8 direction analog stick controls

On 3/30/2020 at 4:35 AM, Luigi Evahard said:

If you wanted to simulate a disability like distonia or something then great but it couldn't be that hard to move your sight a little to the left and down for the average person right?

Should it be that hard to implement a proper controller configuration in 2020? I mean come on... 

I must agree, the current console settings for aim sensitivity leave MUCH to be desired.  The gun sway makes me feel like my character is a 6 year-old holding a firearm for the first time, not some hardened, adult survivor.  Sure, holding your breath helps stability, but the Dev. Team really buffed the sway in the current update, from the previous iteration.

Super point brought up here by a couple folks:  Gun sway could be reduced as the character is more successful and experienced with weapons.  For example, after 3 successful animal hunts, one or two PvP kills, and hosing down an entire city full of zombies, well, now your character has a slightly improved, noticeable reduction in gun sway.  

Also, an increase to gun sway immediately after sprinting could make the game more realistic, and as your stamina regenerates, the gun sway levels-off to normal base-line.  

If you get shot in the leg, I'd like to see that my character limps and has reduced movement speed.  If you get shot in the arm, your aim should be severely reduced, unless of course (hopefully in the future) your character is very strong and has the skills meter mostly tipping toward the hammer.  The skills meter can have SO MANY game mechanic applications it's mind-numbing.

After being shot in the arm, the time to bring your gun sway back to normal could be similar to the blood refill time, essentially allowing the wound and tissues to heal.

• Like 1

I play with controller and honestly, i haven't had much trouble in getting my shots off with pinpoint precision. I don't see the problem with it, maybe I'm just able to calculate where i need to aim or I'm lucky as hell. Lol

On 7/18/2020 at 1:20 AM, Agrivo said:

I play with controller and honestly, i haven't had much trouble in getting my shots off with pinpoint precision. I don't see the problem with it, maybe I'm just able to calculate where i need to aim or I'm lucky as hell. Lol

I play on max sensitivity and trying to make slight diagonal movements accurately and quickly is not the easiest thing to do. If you don't move it perfectly it just goes straight left or down rather than diagonally. Makes it kinda hard to control recoil when it doesn't receive input until you've pulled down too much. 

My friend has a xim and he can trace small circles while I do squares because the xim is programmed by people who actually play games. If only game devs did as much work for their games as other people do