Sign in to follow this  
Exxoduss

Administrating an Official Server

If you were asked to admin an official Dayz Server for free- Would you do it?

I bet a very LARGE percentage of you would. So I am wondering, Why dont Dayz Monitor there official servers and keepthem free from cheaters? The night before last, I had a base I placed alot of care into teleported in peices all over the map.  If this is a normal thing other players can do with a 50 cent youtube advertised dayz cheat, Why cant These "Official" servers have at least a bot that reads server notifications or somesort of player log, Understand the log and act accordingly when other than normal game play is detected... Like teleporting wall sections all over the world map?  Or better yet- a live admin that can instantly teleport to a gunfight or high activity area and make sure no-one is "playing god" Or Maybe a demo then the player can watch- from there killers point of view the last 10 minutes up to there death. Or maybe a reporting tool to have the incident analized by another person when you feel  cheated. Or maybe somesort of tool to help understand why you was NOT cheated? Is this a realim factor for the game? to have there  belonging and walls to there basse to be teleported all over the map? Or doe Dayz Sell these cheats and  dont want the chinese players to know? Or does DayZ just not want to be bothered with cheaters anymore, and  leave  absolutly no player tools for reporting or detecting a cheater? 

I find it frustrating thatthe game wont letme pick up a fence tool kit 45% of the time off the ground, But if you cheat- you can place and move anything you want with what seems to be a buggless and error free system....

Can Someone please Make my nightmare complete and please let me know what a dick I am because a cheater fucked me over and I echo'd it into these forums...? Please make me feel like I am the one who deserves to not have a game to play because I am against cheaters..? Someone tell me how stupid I am because I dont cheat.?

Kinda like a robber sueing the owner of a house he robbed because he broke his leg from tripping on a cord and winning a large settlement.

Am I am complete asshole for complaining about these cheaters & the lack of tools  to combat them? 

Short answer: who's going to moderate the moderators? This is the internet and the official DayZ servers are a new user's first introduction into the game. If a user gets banned by a mod for killing that mod's friend in a firefight, they'll tap Steam for a refund and never look back. I've seen the moderation shenanigans that occur on some of the more stable private servers. It would be a bad mood to put people with even less oversight in a position where they could ruin someone's $60 purchase.

If people dontlike it, then they should step up and moderate it correctly. A Live person is the best answer- to do nothing is not an answer. To automate log reading by a bot/ and or creating demos is medium at best.  One would think--- Hey maybe I should charge a monthly fee to be on 1 or 2 of these official servers that are moderated by a (PAID) live person, and see how that goes?  Who knows, maybe people fed up enough with cheaters that they are willing to spend more money then cheaters do on cheats to play in a friendly enviroment.  Hint Hint Nudge Nudge