Sign in to follow this  
skillet (DayZ)

Tent and Vehicle Storage - How not to glitch?

Does anyone have information on what I'm doing wrong with storing gear in a vehicle or tent? Or are they glitched to all hell?

First experience - placed a tent on the ground and moved it three times. Placed items in the tent and saved the tent. Come back 6 hours later and there is a tent in each spot I put down. All the items are gone and I can't pack any tent up.

Second experience - I thought, maybe it was because I moved the tent multiple times it glitched. I placed this new tent in one spot and saved my items in it. All the items were gone but I could pack this tent up. This sounds like I got jacked but I doubt it.

Third Experience - Vehicle - stored the items in the vehicle (nothing of significance). Come back the next day and all the items were gone. Someone would have jacked the vehicle if it was a robbing.

Every time I interact with a tent or vehicle I save it. Maybe I'm doing something wrong here or it's bugged... I've read a few other threads about the tents being bugged. This is what I don't get, I finally found tents to raid. They had lots of top end gear in their atv and tents. Is there a trick on getting vehicles and tents to work properly?

Thanks!!!

Right now every tent you ever place will be there forever.

If you pack a tent and place a new one, you now have two tents (on server restart). If you do it again, it's three. And so on.

If you die, your tents will not disappear.

All of this will likely be resolved in 1.7.2 but for now it's tent-a-palooza out there.

It seems to be that the first time you place them, they will not save your items; they need to be respawned by a server restart and then their inventories will persist. If you had cloned a tent by placing it a few times, only the last position seems to "work" after the restart, the previous tents will still drop items.

I don't store critical items in them still, but you can at least store some supplies.

No idea how it applies to vehicles, though.

The tent I placed has been through multiple server resets. I'll throw a trash item in it and let it sit for a few days. This should put what you say to the test =).

I need to check my atv and see if the supplies are still there. It's been sitting for a few days so I hope it hasn't been jacked. Our jeep lost items one day and kept items the next. I'm not sure we didn't anything different from one day to the next.

I've lost Gear in a ATV, Off pickup Toyota, Off Road Landrover, UAZ and Motorcycles.

I 'ave save them and within 8 hours they dissapear sometimes less?

However with the Ural all items placed remained in there for 2 days without saving???

This does need some attention not sure if it's been brought up before this Thread.

The tent and vehicle gear storage is a great idea but isn't reliable enough right now. If anyone else has tips or tricks on how to keep items in their vehicles, post it. Hey, more stuff to steal :). I haven't had a chance to test mavericks tent theory.