ZedsDeadBaby

rocket & team: When you fix disconnect exploits, do NOT announce it

Please release this fix silently!

Let word get out by way of exploiters dying en masse.

These people are alive today only because of this exploit' date=' so it is only fitting that some of them forfeit their lives when it is fixed. It will restore some balance to the DayZ universe.

[/quote']

I actually agree with the first five words of your post! Its a start at least. :)

Got a feeling it'll be a while til a working fix appears though.

A ten-fifteen second delay before actually disconnecting wouldn't punish people disconnecting for technical reasons but would kill people trying to abuse it.

Thats been discussed endlessly in many threads about it. Its been deemed imperfect.

Its been deemed imperfect.

This. However ... is there a less imperfect solution, that has already been discussed and agreed upon?

i support stealth fix wholeheartedly.

Don't be a choad.

He has clearly stated it's an exploit' date=' and has already attempted once to fix it so it's clearly a priority for the team.

[/quote']

I have no idea what choad is meant to mean.

I know the statement by Rocket it is considered an exploit. 95% of people i meet ingame do it. Rockets statement is from when, a month ago? Solution would be awesomenly simple, yet, nothing happens.

Conclusion, he just doesn't care. He implements meele, changes infected behaviour, etc., but does not implement this simple disconnect timer solution. Don't tell me he thinks of disconnectiong as an real exploit and consideres it more than low priority.

regarding this post, i just unearthed the following regarding increasing persistence of body after disconnect:

"The only reason it's not longer, is to avoid the issues of body duping.

To get around this and have a longer disconnect time, I would need to add another level of checking. I don't have the time currently, so its something that can be expanded, but I need to do a first level test to see what the effect is." - http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=10908&pid=100635#pid100635

and otherwise i'm unsure how the arma 2 engine handles alt-f4 stuff, or how easy it would be to modify. pretty sure it is a priority and will be solved eventually though from what i've read.

I support this. Let it be a nice surprise for the combat loggers.

Hey, I'm alright with something to keep people from disconnecting to get out of fights / reposition.

Just as long as the solution isn't to punish everyone who disconnects within a 2.5km radius of a bandit to get banned from their game and have their stuff pile up in a tent near the bandit.

It would be nice to think this might happen (silent release), but Rocket gets so much flack already I doubt he's going to want to court more by deliberately pissing off thousands of people.... even if they deserve it.

Agreed. I highly doubt rocket cares if those people complain...that's just another form of punishment. They'd be ignorantly exclaiming that they're part of the scum in the game and would be received like that. It's wonderful.

So many mad people in this thread.

But I agree with the OP. Just not as angrily.

A ten-fifteen second delay before actually disconnecting wouldn't punish people disconnecting for technical reasons but would kill people trying to abuse it.

Thats been discussed endlessly in many threads about it. Its been deemed imperfect.

Christ its you again with your 'If this solution doesn't fix the problem 100% its not worth it.' philosophy.

I don't see you offering up alternatives.

+1.

And while you're at it, please just remove all of the NVG's, GPS's, Ghillie suits and other high end equipment that everyone is running around with as a result of either duping or farming or someone who has. Replace them with mountain dew or something...

Seriously, I watch some DayZ videos where every other player has NVG!! Really?? I've been playing for ages now and have never come across a pair in all of my searches.. Unlucky, yeah probably, but I can accept that.

"Disconnecting to avoid death IS an exploit." - Rocket

Ok then. Did he say anything about server hopping ?

"Disconnecting to avoid death IS an exploit." - Rocket

Ok then. Did he say anything about server hopping ?

One would have to ask him. I don't think Rocket has ever publicly stated his opinion on the matter.

So guess everyone agree patch notes are bad... rocket no more patch notes just release new versions with no info as what has changed.

Please release this fix silently!

Let word get out by way of exploiters dying en masse.

These people are alive today only because of this exploit' date=' so it is only fitting that some of them forfeit their lives when it is fixed. It will restore some balance to the DayZ universe.

[/quote']

how can exploits be exploits if there are no rules stating they are exploits.

In other words - server hopping, DC etc is not forbidden by anyone. Bye bye

LOL

Stealth updates in general are always pretty cool, I'd love it if Rocket added in new items without telling anyone and we'd have to figure out what they do by ourselves.

You people do realise that this mod is in ALPHA. The whole point of making it a public alpha is so that people will find and use the exploits. This way the developer can identify and fix the exploits where possible.

Release notes are a good thing. We should be seeing what has been fixed and then try to break it again. (And reporting the results.)

The whole point of making it a public alpha is so that people will find and use the exploits.

Find? Yes.

Use? No.

The exploit has been found, reported, documented, researched and thoroughly explained.

Don't act like people are still doing the team a favor by using it over and over again hundreds of times a day. Like your 500th ALT-F4 is somehow going to reveal something about the exploit we didn't know on your 5th or 50th...