Peter Gullick

The last straw

After putting up with the numerous bugs for about 4 months I finally uninstalled this game. Getting stuck in a car without being able to exit it then being shot and killed was simply too much to handle. 

Not being able to at least shoot back by virtue of a bug or glitch or whatever nomenclature you choose to use for a game that does not work is too frustrating for me. 

I have met some great people and had some good laughs but it gets overshadowed by these problems.

Cannot load clips into guns. Cannot load said clips from guns. Not being able to bandage and bleeding to death. Bullets that dont exist. Dying the instant my enemy raises their gun yet I put round after round into the same enemy. Cars that I spend hours hunting for parts only to have it crash due to lag and damaging it. Putting something into a container then being unable to take that item out of the container. Relogging every half an hour just to try and fix some of these problems. 

Buying DLC for a game with these problems has me me feel a right tit. And a left tit too. In fact you name the sexual organ and I feel like it right now. 

I deleted the game off my PS4 as well as the related apps on my phone and I will try to get a refund off of Sony. I doubt I will stranger things have happened. Whatever I feel that further playing this game is more frustrating than pleasurable and when that happens only a masochist would keep playing.

Goodbye Dayz you are a great game but your flaws overshadowed your virtues.

You actually might have a better chance than you think of getting a refund from Sony.  Others have as well as a recent poster here in the forums.

As for some of your issues, there are workarounds that do work.  I only wish you came here sooner. 

The magazine issues can largely be avoided by not using the triangle / load button.  Using the combine button either from the item wheel (where you can place a mag) or directly from inventory seems to avoid these jams and glitches entirely.  It also stopped the ghost bullet problem for me personally.

When loading items into a car, container, tent, etc., never swap from your hands.  This will always lead to items getting stuck for me.  I will always make sure when I am trying to retrieve something from the trunk of my car (for example) that I don't have anything in my hands.  I have had several weapons get stuck as a result and they will only get unstuck once the server is restarted.  I move items manually over to the container and use square or X to bring them into my inventory / hands.  For some larger items I have to hold square to drop them from the container into the vicinity before I can interact with them.

btw, when items get stuck in one container, it seems to affect other containers, dead zombies, etc. in the game world for me as well.

The cars simply suck.  When lag was really bad for me, I had to literally drive ~20KPH since freezes and crashing were inevitable.  At least at that speed the result was usually no damage but there was no guarantee and there was always the chance of finding yourself stuck in a bad spt you can't drive out of.

Please let us know how it goes with Sony though.  If you are able to get a refund, maybe your experience will inspire others that are at the breaking point and looking for options.  Good luck and please, come back and tell us how it goes.

Ok I will do and thanks for your advice. I have deleted the game and will not waste any more time on it. 

While I get there are workarounds to glitches etc the simple fact it one wrong button press may lead to frustration. As I have been gaming for a very long time I can remember when games did not release in such broken states as modern games. Downloading patches should not be a regular occurrence.

I will update this regarding Sornies answer. 

Dont get me wrong I love this game but there comes a point when things just become ridiculous and playing seems a trial of masochism and not fun.

On 1/11/2020 at 5:43 PM, Peter Gullick said:

After putting up with the numerous bugs for about 4 months I finally uninstalled this game. Getting stuck in a car without being able to exit it then being shot and killed was simply too much to handle. 

Not being able to at least shoot back by virtue of a bug or glitch or whatever nomenclature you choose to use for a game that does not work is too frustrating for me. 

I have met some great people and had some good laughs but it gets overshadowed by these problems.

Cannot load clips into guns. Cannot load said clips from guns. Not being able to bandage and bleeding to death. Bullets that dont exist. Dying the instant my enemy raises their gun yet I put round after round into the same enemy. Cars that I spend hours hunting for parts only to have it crash due to lag and damaging it. Putting something into a container then being unable to take that item out of the container. Relogging every half an hour just to try and fix some of these problems. 

Buying DLC for a game with these problems has me me feel a right tit. And a left tit too. In fact you name the sexual organ and I feel like it right now. 

I deleted the game off my PS4 as well as the related apps on my phone and I will try to get a refund off of Sony. I doubt I will stranger things have happened. Whatever I feel that further playing this game is more frustrating than pleasurable and when that happens only a masochist would keep playing.

Goodbye Dayz you are a great game but your flaws overshadowed your virtues.

Just adding some other experiences, I would get a bug in the car, where I would fall from the sky getting out of it, And it would flash the screen violently and on your side if people are with you , you are just standing there doing nothing. 😞

Seems while the next coming patch addresses some inventory issues (absolutely vague as to what those are), vehicles as well as desync issues / lag, etc. are not mentioned.  

.....still waiting for that roadmap they promised would be out this month when they announced it last year so we can have a clue as to what exactly they will be working on.  I have since let my server rental expire and stopped playing the game all together. 

I'll keep checking back here to see when they finally start getting their crap together and fix the game like they said they were going to focus on around the time of the PS4 release.  ......before they went essentially silent. 

What can I say?  ......I fell for the whole "turning a corner" pitch which ended up feeling more like a "bait and switch" maneuver.