Ethenski

Documentation

Where is all the DayZ documentation?

Edited by Ethenski

I think it's safe to say that they will never make a paint-by-numbers for this stuff. It's Bohemia, you have to put in the effort. 

3 hours ago, -Gews- said:

I think it's safe to say that they will never make a paint-by-numbers for this stuff. It's Bohemia, you have to put in the effort. 

I've put in the effort, although I quit half way through because nothing is explained and I know in the end, whatever I end up creating from any tutorial will be really low quality. This is because I'll never know what's right and what's wrong in the workflow. 

2 hours ago, Ethenski said:

I've put in the effort, although I quit half way through because nothing is explained and I know in the end, whatever I end up creating from any tutorial will be really low quality. This is because I'll never know what's right and what's wrong in the workflow. 

You have ARMA documentation/tutorials also to work from, and go to the modder's Discord server if you did not already. Making a nice map will never be simple. But people have done it. Nice tools and tutorial and documentation would be great but it's just wishful thinking, a daydream.

Like, have you seen the tools!? "Object Builder" still looks basically the same as it did in 2001.

Plgi1wK.png

So don't hope for much. And DayZ is faaaar behind ARMA in modding support and documentation. So I agree it would be great, but you got to make do.

On 12/13/2019 at 12:58 AM, -Gews- said:

You have ARMA documentation/tutorials also to work from, and go to the modder's Discord server if you did not already. Making a nice map will never be simple. But people have done it. Nice tools and tutorial and documentation would be great but it's just wishful thinking, a daydream.

Can you link me to the modder's Discord? 

Edited by Ethenski

8 hours ago, Ethenski said:

Can you link me to the modder's Discord? I guess i'll stop procrastinating and start attempting to understand how maps are properly made. Thanks!

https://discord.gg/NEX27Gx