Sign in to follow this  
jostster@gmail.com

Show who killed you

Yeah when you start a new character maybe a supernatural voice could tell you you are the reincarnation of another survivor and whisper the name of the guy that killed you in your ear.

Your mission is then to avenge that person you never met.

Yeah when you start a new character maybe a supernatural voice could tell you you are the reincarnation of another survivor and whisper the name of the guy that killed you in your ear.

Your mission is then to avenge that person you never met.

This ^

No. What the hell, are we playing BF3? CoD? If you guys wanna metagame go ahead, run back to Elektro or Cherno or wherever you got yourself killed, find a gun and hunt down the person who killed you. But how would this add to the game?

oooooh, i smell a sore looser.

it does suck though, i must admit. amount of time I've wanted to hunt-someone-the-fuck-down(!!!!!!!)!

"RICKY SPANISH"

No. What the hell' date=' are we playing BF3? CoD? If you guys wanna metagame go ahead, run back to Elektro or Cherno or wherever you got yourself killed, find a gun and hunt down the person who killed you. But how would this add to the game?

[/quote']

Wait, in CoD and BF3 you are supposed to explicitly hunt down the person that killed you? so THAT's what I've been doing wrong. Yeah, I see no benefit to that. Especially in a server where nametags are disabled anyway, which IMHO should be all of them.

Bad idea for bandits maybe and people who pointlessly kill other players from 500m away.

How woudl the name help you, the chances for you to actually locate your killer are very slim, and then what? So you can put a post it on the side of your screen so the next time you meet him you can shoot him on sight?

How is that related to dayZ?

Because it's "not right" that he can get away with it?

As a bandit myself I think it would be fine if players know i shoot them. Hell why not let them know the name of their killer this is a game and it's more fun to know who attacked and killed you thank to assume most of the time you were killed by a game flaw/bug. In other words when i murder someone in cold blood near cherno i want to see

"(players name) was killed by (players name)"

Realism only matters when it's fun and it is not fun being murdered by game bugs and wondering if it was a person or not even knowing who killed you If you want to be a bandit don't be ashamed and try to hide it like a puss.

This thread has me thinking... take away the server messages about player deaths. I don't want to know who i killed via an SMS, I only want to inspect the body like a real survivor.

I have to say no to anything that could, however remote disturb the heart stopping moment of meeting another "survivor" with NO idea what their intentions are, this is one of the most integral parts of DayZ

if tags are on might as well since those are the noob servers

why: that way they can tell who logged off[DC'd] then came back to kill em and they can get reported

as for veteran/hardcore servers please no names tags are already cheap enough + give a reason to have range finders

I don't want this.

But, it would be a nice compromise if they fixed the inspect function so maybe you could find your body, inspect it, discover what kind of weapon killed you and that would be a clue as to who it was (if you're willing to have a vendetta against everyone with a revolver or whatever).

At least that would be more realistic than some disembodied voice telling you who it was.