Sign in to follow this  
Strategos (DayZ)

Standardise Things.

This wont be popular :)

I think the game needs to standardise a few options, server and client side.

1st up 3rd person:

I know I know you don't like it don't use it. But there really aren't many servers without it. And It's a real game breaker. You watch any Dayz Video on youtube. Guys camping on roofs using it to pear over the wall while they remain hidden. Guys scanning rooms before the enter it (control tower for instance) , nearly ever bandit video shows this kind of behaviour.

1st person adds to the danger, the immersion and makes you play more tactically.

And much as I like admiring how cool my character looks lugging his Barret around getting rid of third person is a definite I think.

people who get ill in 1st person can alter their field of view and disable head bobbing, I believe that stops that.

No 2 Shadows:

Take out the ability to disable shadows completely. I know its a bit harsh on people with lower spec machines. But It's a different game without shadows. People disable them to intentionally see hiding players more easily.

The playing field needs to be level here.

No 3: Name tags.

Just get rid of them!

I think it's better for Dayz if everyone is playing the same game.

i know people want their free will. but people are lazy devious mo fo's.

• Like 8

I agree with you. I do find it more enjoyable when you have no cross-hair and no 3rd person camera; it's unfortunate that there only a few servers that offer this. I didn't know about the shadows but the 3rd person gripe i definitely share. I think it would be nice if the player could still access a 3rd person camera of sorts so they can see that nice Ghillie suit they just found but the camera would disable movement or something.

is it not possible to increase FOV for the first person perspective? This is the only reason I use third person when I do, I prefer I higher FOV

Edited by _Profile_Shame

Yes i wonder why servers aren't standardised either. I though i read of the server having to have settings the devs decided f.e. no locked servers, at least 36 slots etc...but i guess those rules went out the window...

@ Shame it is possible but it would look like looking through goldfishglas. The alternative is getting three monitors.

Edited by Enforcer

"is it not possible to increase FOV for the first person perspective? This is the only reason I use third person when I do, I prefer I higher FOV "

I believe it is I know plus and minus keys on the num pad do it, and I saw a 4chan guide that explained it. Try searching the discussion forum for "4chan guide".

You can also edit the config to change it. Too lazy to find how to do it but it is possible. Otherwise you can double tap num minus and it will increase your FOV, but you can't tweak it in any way.

Very good idea, no modern competitive game allows users to completely disable shadows, only lower the quality of them.

And 3rd person is only useful as an exploit to see around objects without any risk of exposure.

You can restrict what the player can do with his own grafixs, its a ARMA:2 thing.

And iv if you manage that, I could always go into my Config files and disable it from there :D

Double tap plus to minimize FOV permanently. Double tap minus to maximize FOV permanently. Easy to swap between both of them on the fly.