Greensek

Console Update 1.06

No fix for the game breaking ghost bullets aka blanks? I'll make sure to let everyone know it's still not fixed, don't bother coming back.

Died to ghost bullets aka shooting blanks twice on Livonia. If it happens again in Chernarus I'm done with this game.

This shit is game breaking! I can't even imagine the rage someone must go thru when this happens is PvP.

Fuck whatever you're fixing. This is priority one!

Edited by Esmy

I feel like I don't really need to reply at this point. Almost all the issues I have with DayZ have been mentioned.

One issue I hate (other than not being able to reload mags, remove mags from gun, add mags to gun, etc.) is building! I hate the issues with building. I LOVE the building feature of this game, but we are FORCED to use tents. And the TENTS DONT FREAKING WORK! Items get stuck in them ALL THE TIME. Never mind items glitching. That is mentioned a lot BY EVERYONE. 

BUILDING:

No 'stairs' option for Watchtower. I can build up to the 1st floor by moving around 'just right' at ground level . . . but it won't work for the second level. It even lets me put wood/nails/logs on ground level or second floor despite the fact I can't see the loot-item bars for those floors when on the first floor. (Annoying to describe that)

Point is... three of us looted A LOT of axes, duct tape, saws, hammers, nails and so on. A FREAKING LOT! ... but the build mode turned out to be broken as hell. Not to mention the fact that a saw becomes 'damaged' after making 3 sets of planks and ruined after sawing another 8-10 logs into planks. Tools break WAY TOO EASY.  

If not building a wall, then building on PS4 is pointless. And even building walls are largely pointless! Just grab a tent « that wont work — stick it in the woods somewhere and use that as your base... *SIGH* So Sad!

Fix Building! Please. (As well as the other glitches!) ... I definitely wont be paying £40 or whatever for Livonia when the game is so stupidly broken that 90% of it is unplayable. Don't JOKE!

OH! ONE OTHER ISSUE. SERIOUSLY: Can't fix a gun that is jammed! Really? I just picked it up, gun cleaned it to best it can be, relogged just so I could load it. Shot 1 bullet. Bullet jammed and gun is useless. 

What? Really? Don't Joke!

-----------------------------------

DayZ for me now is literally Loot, Hunt/Fish, Cook, Take Shelter . . . when supplies are low, repeat.

Due to bugs and broken mechanics there is no other content. Surviving on DayZ is easy. Seriously easy. The parts that could be 'Fun' or 'Challenging' are pointless. Anything achieved will be lost/destroyed/glitched/desynced at any moment.

Seven hours building a car? Well done. Now drive it two feet and watch the car set on fire because the gears wont change. 12 hours on new car? Wow, nice patience. Now watch as a lag-glitch throws you into a wall! — OR BETTER YET - watch as the car randomly glitches like a see-saw and promptly flies away all by its self! (saw a video of this)

Build a base? Good luck finding the materials to last long enough to build a single watch tower! Managed it? Sweet! Now, can you build stairs?! How?! Explain to me how you did it! (PS4) - nevermind, someone just destroyed it with a few swings of an axe...

Ah well, lets just PVP —  #Runs-to-big-city-and-shoots-weapon *waits patiently* — I see people! ... Gun Jammed! Switch gun! ...its making shooting sound but no blood splatter or hit markers! ...out of ammo in clip; MELEE! ... Never mind, You Are Dead!

Hmm: Lets just make a base with tents and forget building. Sweet, this car tent holds 500 items. ... Oops, I accidentally put my Vaiga in the tent. Can't Withdraw! Guess I will take the M4 out then. Nope, can't withdraw that either. The BK-133 then. YES! Got a gun at least . . . but can't load it! 

OK!!! I have tents. I have base walls. I have 33% of two towers built (cant make stairs to continue). I have food; Meat, Mackerel, Tinned, et al. I have Logs. Planks. Nails. Tools. Supplies. Weapons. Ammo. Back-up gear. Back-up supplies, ammo. gear, tools, batteries . . . I have backups of my backups. ............... Now what?  PVP? *Checks who is online* — 3 people. One is me. Map is huge. 

Hunt? I don't need food.
Loot? I don't need loot.
Build? I can't build my towers so it's pointless to continue.
PVP? On a map this big with just three people online? Let's not!
Change servers? My base is in NOVODMITROVSK. If I switch servers I will be in Cherno. If I switch back I will be in Staroye or Elektro or Berezino. Walking for 9 hours is NOT fun. 

This game is WALK(run), LOOT. WALK. LOOT. WALK. LOOT. WALK. WALK. WALK. WALK. WALK.

Survival game? Apart from the random diseases that 75% of the time have no reason for happening, surviving is easy. I would bet 95% of deaths are either due to lack of food shortly after spawning or is related to either glitches or lag. I have literally died to PVP three times in over a year. 99% of my other deaths were glitches/lag.etc. The other 1% was fails on my part - like forgetting to add chlorine tablets after filling up canteen at river; and then throwing up to the point of half-dead, finally reaching a medical center and only able to find codeine pills. 

LOVE the idea of this game, its size and its concept. HATE that it is completely broken and unplayable. Seriously can't believe this is a game that can be 'sold'. Its like selling a peanut and calling it a snickers bar. Or a selling a Unicycle as a Motorbike.

More literally. This game is like selling someone a plastic bottle with its bottom cut off. It looks like it will hold water from afar, but wait until you have it up close. A sieve holds more water! That is this game. It has a lot of 'good ideas' ... but it can't hold water.  

• Like 2

On 12/3/2019 at 10:20 PM, I a moob said:

I"m not trying to complain because your a good company but their is a issue with the quick slot bar when I use it my player stops and cannot move forward after and item is selected but i can move any other direction and it is annoying because in a battle if i use the bar my player would stop and i would lose and  i'm wondering if you fixed some of the cars issues from them glitching under the map and flying into space and yanking your car to the left or right really hard plus some of you might have gone a little over board with the zombie spawn because their are bout 50 zombies in stary sobar and i don't like the fact of when i spawn in some of my stuff is damaged and i know this not a bug report page but i just hope you and another people read this plus when are you going start to add mods in Dayz on console 

They said they just fixed that in these patch notes.

On 12/4/2019 at 1:23 PM, SillyJoe said:

Please identify and resolve the most game breaking bugs. Fixing item desync and the weapons deal no damage bug should be your top priority for console players.

We waited such a long time for this update but the game breaking bugs are still present on console. Devs please resolve those issues and make the game at least playable for us console players. We appreciate the new added content, balancing and tweaks but with the game breaking bugs mentioned above it's not fun to play DayZ as you never know when those bugs will get you killed or ruin your survival expirience!

The bug where your weapon shoots blanks and then your not able to pull your mag out is somehow cause by reloaded using Y or what ever the top button is on PS4. If you reload your weapon by going into the inventory and push the combined button on a mag with the gun in your hand it will reload and not cause the stupid glitch. That's the work around I have found.

• Confused 1

This is so frustrating, I recently spent $50 on this game another 13 on the expansion, and another 40 on a private server. It blows my mind that this company wasted their time making a new expansion vs fixing the original version.. if I am going to die constantly because Bohemia are abunch of incompetent lazy #-$&$ then atleast add a dam bed spawn system that allows you to respawn at your base. I don't know how much more of this constant dying to bugs I can take before I uninstall this pos and never look back. I wish a more competant company would purchase this game and fix it, because it could be so much fun.. obviously Bohemia does not have a clue at what they are doing.. it's seriously sad.

• Sad 1

I don't know how your scam artist company sleeps at night reading the reviews and not doing a dam thing about it. A campaign should be started to boycott Bohemia and run them out of business.. I don't even care about the people that would lose their jobs, because they obviously suck at game design and it's time for a career change. The local fast food joint down the road is hiring.

@Devs

Thanks for the latest patch!

The Quickslot menu changes are huge and very welcome. Some ppl are also reporting more stable fps in some situations but I can't confirm that on my PS4Pro + SSD.

Sadly Item Desync and Ghost bullets are still not fixed. Please figure out how to resolve those two crucial issues and DayZ will be finally in a decent playable state on console.

I've also encountered a couple of blue screens since the last patch when opening food cans or repair my clothing via duct tape or sewing kit. Does anyone else have the same problems?

Keep up the work...

Edited by SillyJoe
  • Like 2

On 12/8/2019 at 5:10 AM, devskie said:

Have u been playing much Chernarus since the new update? staying alive is easy enough but having to cook and stay indoors a hell of a lot more of the time is just not fun on account of more rain now.. Also u have to cook a lot more as u get hungry a lot more now. Don't get me wrong I know its a hardcore survival game but as I said before its now a bit ridiculous...............

This is what the devs want. They want the game to be slow paced so that you have to think and choose wisely before making your next move.

If you don't believe me there's a M1ND1R video interview he has with a dev where they explain all of it.

The game is just gonna get slower and slower.

Well, My server disappeared off the server list for some reason.. Swear to god if it switched to a Livonia server and I lost all my loot without a tweet letting us know to move or anything imma be pissed. 

• Haha 1

Well.... Today has been a great day if i've ever seen one. Go to play DayZ realize my home server is gone, which means my base, all my High Tier stuff, and the tents and such is all gone. So me and my friend jump to a new server, that's actually not duped to high hell and start looting, turns out it's actually spawning gear and stuff as normal. We moved North and got into a town, and my friend got bugged hardcore and couldn't move or anything while getting hit by 3 zombies. I shot all the zombies in the town, then gave him a Transfusion with the Saline Bag I had. So instead of my fucking Saline Bag being used, apparently my M4 was and it just disappeared out of existence leaving me with absolutely fuck all to protect myself with in Close Quarters. These major desync issues need to be fixed ASAP because I personally along with many others i'm sure almost wanna stop playing DayZ due to them. I also lost my backpack stuffed full of loot for our new base. This shit is getting ridiculous. 

• Like 1

Ok so the Bluescreens are real! They happen when repairing stuff and open cans of food. Very sad... You guys know any workaround for these bluescreens?

• Sad 1

On 12/13/2019 at 6:14 AM, Brokengame9070 said:

This is so frustrating, I recently spent $50 on this game another 13 on the expansion, and another 40 on a private server. It blows my mind that this company wasted their time making a new expansion vs fixing the original version.. if I am going to die constantly because Bohemia are abunch of incompetent lazy #-$&$ then atleast add a dam bed spawn system that allows you to respawn at your base. I don't know how much more of this constant dying to bugs I can take before I uninstall this pos and never look back. I wish a more competant company would purchase this game and fix it, because it could be so much fun.. obviously Bohemia does not have a clue at what they are doing.. it's seriously sad.

Unfortunately, due to how many people bought the game, it isn't profitable enough for another company to take over. The overhaul on it is too much for a company that has to purchase the rights to the game. Unless they were given the game for free it would be unlikely another company would bother with it at all. It would be easier to make a survival game of their own, like Ark. Sadly, this game isn't profitable enough. 

9 hours ago, SillyJoe said:

Ok so the Bluescreens are real! They happen when repairing stuff and open cans of food. Very sad... You guys know any workaround for these bluescreens?

This is exactly why I came to the forums this time! I wanted to know if it was just me or the game. Ever since the server resets and whatnot a couple of days ago, I have had 7 bluescreens and 2 stupid deaths.

2 stupid deaths: I was told EVERY bottled water will now kill you, so I grabbed one and drank it. Nothing seemed to happen, so I continued as normal. Then I threw up without warning, water and food critically low and already "dying" ... so I ate, drank clean water and popped 2 tetracycline. Didn't heal me. So I did 2 charcoal tablets, drank and ate. Threw up again, dying even worse. I used every type of medication (even codeine tablets and epi-pen) except for morphine. I still threw up and couldn't heal!

I decided to fight it out to the bitter end. I killed a cow, made a fire, cooked the steaks and fat and popped more pills. I ate and drank. Sweet! Not being sick and not thirsty. But why am I still dying? 2 minutes pass, I am still dying. I finally start to regen health and breath a sigh of relief. Then I move from my camp fire, throw up and back to dying... *Sigh* Since when does bottled water kill you? o.0 ... First time I drank one in forever (canteen bottles for the win) and it literally killed me. 😕  

My other death was after respawning. I literally raided 3 towns and 1 army base. Zero water containers found so I had to sustain water with pumps. ZERO cutting tools found. Like literally, no knife, machete, bayonet or anything that can 'Skin and Quarter' an animal. I killed 17 zombies in an attempt to find food (as well as all the looting) and found 3 cans of peaches and 1 tin of beans. I even hit every fruit tree I saw and gained 19 rotten apples as well as 1 fresh apple. I made a fishing rod and caught fish. 

The problem?

Hunted food has to be cut up. Fish have to be cut up. 4 cans of food and 2 fruit can last 1 rainy night. Literally, after 1 night at an indoor campfire enduring the rain, I had reached near starvation three times and the cans and whatnot was used. The rotten apples were used in desperation, but even then, my health continued to drop and food had "three up arrows" yet never managed to break beyond the bottom line. Damn rotten apples couldnt save my life.

My point for second death is: 3 towns worth of houses, sheds, garages, shops, etc. AND a small army base . . . not a single knife-type item? Not one?! And no food? All 4 of my cans came from zeds! AND in order to get the zombies quick enough, I was firing off my gun in center of town! *Sigh* Worst luck ever? Very next spawn I found EVERYTHING that I needed (literally I found a knife) ... with said knife, I cut up rags, made rope, made fishing rod, killed chicken/rooster, cut bark, cut bushes, made fire, made fishing hooks, cooked chicken . . . you know how game works! 1 knife and all my hunger needs were solved. Next time its night and I am not equipped to survive, I am just logging off. 

Midnight: Eat 1 tin of beans, 3 cans of peaches, 1 plum, 1 apple. Noon the next day—Starve to death!

Really?! FML.

Edited by Aspirer Tobi

Are there any Xbox players that encounter a lot of crashes since the latest patch? I'm just curious if those crashes are only related to PS4...

Why does my character die of hunger so quickly! I'm a noob to the game but this is killing me... Literally! 

5 hours ago, Sam353 said:

Why does my character die of hunger so quickly! I'm a noob to the game but this is killing me... Literally! 

They have adjusted the food loss rate lately. I guess that you have to get used to it... Try to cut up dead ppl and cook their fat, it's a really good food source and last for a long time.

Hmm I'm having a hard time here. I really want to like this game but I keep starving to death. I've not seen a single plum or apple or mushroom anywhere. I've also not seen a single person. I'm starting to think my copy of the game is broken! 

Please Fix NVG's, Bluescreens when opening food or repairing stuff, crashing servers (I think some ppl/dupers are able to crash them), ghost bullets and desync. PLEASE

Sadly the latest patch hasn't fixed the Bluescreens/CE-Errors and Ghost Bullets/Desync but thanks for working/fixing the very annoying server crashes!

Keep up the work, I'm looking forward to the next patch.

Random Bluescreens/CE-Errors are back with the latest patch. I had close to zero bluescreens with the 1.06 release but the next patch added bluescreens when opening cans of food or repairing stuff and the last one introduced random bluescreens again. It's completly ruining the survival experience and if you get a bluescreen in front of a couple of zeds your pretty much dead 99% of the time... 😕

Please fix this BI, it's unacceptable!

Edited by SillyJoe