Sign in to follow this  
DoctorScandalous

Integrated Leaning/Support for Aiming?

While I'm not expecting functional bipods anytime soon, ARMA had a feature integrated where if you crouched or went prone next to or on top of an object (ie: crouching behind a rock, proning behind a low rock, leaning against a wall/corner) your aim would get more steady by utilizing said nearby object as a support. Is the current stand/crouch/prone mechanic intended to fully replace that with no plans of utilizing the surrounding objects to further steady your aim? Or has there been discussion to add support for using surrounding objects/buildings/etc to enhance your marksmanship? 

30 minutes ago, DoctorScandalous said:

While I'm not expecting functional bipods anytime soon, ARMA had a feature integrated where if you crouched or went prone next to or on top of an object (ie: crouching behind a rock, proning behind a low rock, leaning against a wall/corner) your aim would get more steady by utilizing said nearby object as a support. Is the current stand/crouch/prone mechanic intended to fully replace that with no plans of utilizing the surrounding objects to further steady your aim? Or has there been discussion to add support for using surrounding objects/buildings/etc to enhance your marksmanship? 

This would be great. Also, place your backpack on the ground and used it as improvised support when laying down. 

4 minutes ago, EzyStriderPS4 said:

So far, the stances in ARMA have all been watered down to the basic three in DayZ, @DoctorScandalous. I haven't heard any rumors about this stabilization feature being implemented anytime soon.

I mean, I guess it makes sense to keep it "more simple" vs. all of the options in ARMA but it also seems like it'd be an easily-implemented QOL improvement to the game that does nothing but improve/streamline the gameplay. Just my thoughts, I guess.

I don't think anything is easily-implemented on the Enfusion engine. 

I like the idea, but I think it would be a clip-fest in the end -- you'd wind up clipped into whatever it was you were trying to use to steady your shot.

Honestly, I'd prefer to have the functional bipod, but if I were to bet, I'd say we'll get neither.

• Beans 1

22 hours ago, drgullen said:

Honestly, I'd prefer to have the functional bipod, but if I were to bet, I'd say we'll get neither.

I think that if the stances/steadying based on objects isn't a go, having a bipod (unless you dumb it down to literally applying a steadying effect just by deploying it, period) probably wouldn't be very feasable either.