btrizzle

how many ppl will quit when.....

thermal = anti-sniper

on noob servers just mouse wheel n scan the tree line done

snipers aren't he same as DCers, i agree they are cheap but no way invincible and make the best victims

DCing is no cheaper than sniping' date=' they both render the player untouchable and immune to any form of consequence to their actions.

The only difference is that one is considered an exploit and the other is supposedly the only way "real men" (I.E. Deathmatchers) play. So while DCing should be fixed, it's really a double standard to call it cheap in comparison to long range sniping. They both accomplish the same general goals (total security)

[/quote']

No.

And since when sniping is considered a cheap tactic? How is it cheap that I spend few hours to get geared up with a scoped rifle. Another hour to find good sniping position and whlile I'm sitting there, I have to constantly scan the horizon for my target and in the same time I must check my surroundings, so nobody comes and rapes my ass. I'm not talking about server hoppers or duping douchebags. I'm not talking about idiots who sit on the roof in the center of major cities with Enfield, they usually die within few minutes. I'm talking about people who obtain their gear in a legit way and snipe for their pleasure. Honestly, I fail to understand how this can be considered as a cheap tactic.

To him this is his artistic impression

I doubt his artistic impression for this game is a bunch of hardcore pvpers circle jerking over the poor noobs they've been shooting all day with their huge stockpiles of guns from artfully farming low population servers.

I personally think sniping from afar is "cheap" but that's for me, the way I play I would consider myself "cheap" for doing it, but you can't really say that others are cheap for playing that way, it's a part of the game, and the best way to deal with it is to use better tactics to counter it.

DC'ing IS cheap, and an exploit, it is not "working as intended", whereas sniping is, so there is a big difference.

What's cheap for one player may not be for another, we don't all play the same way, and we don't all really have the right to tell others how to play as long as they are playing within the scope of the game and it's intended workings.

It's just another obstacle.

The worst one I experienced is when another player murdered me. I then hunted him down and he d/ced when he was close to death... bad sportsmanship :(

I've never alt F4'd and I never will,

It's called Dignity/Honour/Chivalry whatever you want to call it.

If you kill me fair and square then my gear is now yours.

We all die and lose our "stuff" in the end. No point being a pussy about it.

You didn't see Predator alt f4ing did you when Arnie had him nailed?!

Hi

This guy made some bad decisions and as many other duches disconnected.

If you think this is part of the game, which you clearly do even if the developer himself claims the oppisite then you an ass. Face it and stop posting stuid explinations to alt +f4, the answer is there are none , you have lost to another player , face it like a man instead pussy!

It's an exploit, the temptation is there just try not to do it. However the sheer rage of the backshooting bandit when you log out away from him warms the cacles of my heart

It's super' date=' SUPER easy for a sniper to setup, and it's nearly impossible to counter them. This is even calculating knowing/assuming someone is there, don't even begin about already being in town and they run unharmed through the woods to setup in minutes.

[/quote']

It takes me about 15 to 30 minutes to set up my sniper spot for long range sniping (>500m). Don't have a rangefinder, so I have to calculate the distances, sometimes even draw a map to identify certain buildings quickly.

Then I wait. Sometimes for up to an hour if I dont get bored. Then I shoot once to kill my target and will leave my position after a couple of minutes. Than I still have to loot the body.

And you compare this to disconnecting ololol

Personally i'm tired of this happening. Whenever im lucky enough to spot someone with a sniper, i always seem to only knock them unconcious. It's so sad to see the body suddenly dissapear and in the chat it says "anonymous has disconnected". I'm not the best sniper, but the rush it gives shooting someone is good, but it gets ruined when they dont really die and just log off.

Sniping is usually concentrated on high military loot spawns or two major cities, so there is little chance you are going to be sniped if you arn't in one of these very select locations.

Plus its not like the person sniping you hasn't taken that exact same risk in the first place to get his gear. Risk vs reward with a great deal of luck inbetween. You check the best you can, go in, and hope for the best.

Most combat doesn't happen from 50 metres away, imo 90% of engagement's are played out from 200+ metres in the types of open environment's we see in game, firing at dots in the distance. Just because they are far away doesn't mean they are sniping, just engaging from a secure range.

Even though personally I think the type of snipers that camp specific high yield locations for hours without moving around are skillless cowards, at least they are not cheating with alt + F4.

Honestly' date=' I fail to understand how this can be considered as a cheap tactic.

[/quote']

Maybe because some people doubt that a high procent of the people playing sniper bandits are interrested in the time it takes to gather up all gear needed to effectivly shoot new-spawns in elektro.

You can't really blame people for logging out to save themselves when it's so easy to do. If you're backed into a corner with no hope of escape' date=' but there's one way you know you can save yourself, it's a very obvious way out, right? I've done it myself in the past - is there *anyone* here who hasn't done it? - but it just ruins the game. The threat of death is what this game is all about... I'm sure this is just something people learn early on when they get into the game.

So people won't leave - they'll just get on with enjoying the game how it's meant to be... and most people who will play this game haven't even played it yet. The majority will barely believe this exploit ever existed...

[/quote']

how about accept you've got outplayed, and at least attempt to take down as many fuckers down with you as possible? Me and my friend were hold up in a tin shed in the Stary Sobor at NIGHT by 2 guys, 1 with silenced M4 and other with an AKM... We said fuck it and ran for it across the fields - did I mention they had NVGs? My friend got shot in the back and died, I made it to the treeline and run for another click or so, waited good 5 min for anyone following THEN logged. We didn't pussy out, though we could have, but then the game wouldn't be any fun so why the fuck do it

Someone gets 'outplayed' when you spawn into the game behind them or you just happened to find a pair of night vision goggles and they haven't, or they ran out of ammo because they can't find any. The idea that all this random shit occurring means someone has 'outplayed' someone else, is bullshit. If you start from equal positions and you get the best of your opponent then kudos, you ''outplayed' them, otherwise you're full of shit.

rocket fixes the insta log out? it's to the point now that when some gets shot at' date=' not even hit, they log. All you pussy ass loggers gonna quit when there are actually consequences to your actions and movements?

[/quote']

Useful thread is useful...:rolleyes:

To him this is his artistic impression

I doubt his artistic impression for this game is a bunch of hardcore pvpers circle jerking over the poor noobs they've been shooting all day with their huge stockpiles of guns from artfully farming low population servers.

This. Having a high difficulty ceiling is possible without catering, pandering, obsessing, and glorifying mass-killing. Rocket is not balancing the game, but he's definitely got some clear favoritism.

DayB (for the zombies pose no threat) isn't an anti-game, or an artform, it's an example. An example of WHY these games don't exist in the mainstream market, or pop up more often. It's a clear example of why it hasn't happened yet, and shows exactly why gamers are so looked down on in society. Everyone flocked to it, not knowing just what the catered to community is here. If they knew, I seriously doubt many would have bought into it.

We are the only mainstream society in the world that abuses players openly and considers it a good thing to tell lesser skilled players to go kill themselves. We practically invented the current form of cyber-bullying, whereas the casual gamers have no problem acting like decent human beings. NO WONDER they're slowly taking over the market. If I was a game company, I would be ready to jump off a building the moment someone on my team suggested making a game catering to the "hardcore" because I know exactly what they're like. The LAST thing I want to do is end up on Fox News because my game was involved in someone committing suicide because they were bullied online (and yes, that has happened, and it only takes once). The only reason DayZ is alive right now is because it's a voluntary, free mod. If this were an actual game? I don't even want to start about the bad PR the community would generate.

My first playthrough i died getting stuck in a residential house door with a town full of zombies on me. The character was 3 days old and had above average weapons and full survival gear + med supplies. If i had known about aborting I would have

More bugs like that.

- Getting stuck in walk mode. Cant prone can't crouch can't do anything part from crawl around, if that happens in the middle of a town full of zombies. Dead

- Gun being raised lowered raised lowered raised lowered

Yesterday I died to a guy, my character was 7 days old and had very good weapons and everything part from cammo clothes and a rangefinder. He attacked me, standing up. I went prone, put about 20 7.62 mm rounds in him that 3 bursts of 2 to 3 shots and a full auto burst after his first shot hit me. He just stood there not even trying to get into cover. If I had known he was invunerable, I would have logged out.

See where I'm getting at ?

Here is what i'd suggest. Make it possible for survivors to do it and make it impossible for bandits to do it. Because just fixing it will play more in favor of hackers (who are obviously not in this to survive but just to PvP) part from creating frustration because of the bugs in the engine.

What you have in this game right now is two groups of people.

A) the ones who play it fair and square. Those are the ones who are afraid to die because they know that if they do die it will take days before they are back on their feet, even if you do have storage somewhere its still going to be painful to lose that one silenced gun you had ammo for. This penalty forced you to play realisticly. To take less risks in gunfights, to run away at times when the odds are bad. Etc.

B) The people who cheat / exploit, get equipment easy. They die but they are back on their feet in half an hour to an hour tops. They almost play this game like its call of duty or battlefield 3. Small penalty for a death, unrealistic, risky gameplay.

Group B is getting bigger, Group A is starting to get frustrated and quit.

Until the bandit issue is sorted out' date=' I consider it justifiable. It's even sweeter because it pee's off the gankers.

[/quote']

There IS no "bandit issue". People who think this was meant to be a PvE Co-op game need pull their heads out of their asses.

If it wasn't MEANT to be a PvE game then there would be no zombies! PvP should remain part of the game, but it should be structured so that PvE elements (surviving, killing zombies) is the core of the gameplay.

As it stands now, the zombies could be removed from the game completely and have ZERO impact for a large portion of the player base. Not what rocket intended I'm sure.

There is a bandit issue.

People who play this game without exploiting / scripting will be bandits or survivors, but in order to become a bandit you need to have survived a bit first.

People who exploit / use scripts will ALLWAYS be bandits because there is no point of being a survivor if you cheat. Why loot a town, spawn things. Dupe things. Its these shitheads, excuse my english who only play this game to grief, knowing very well that ther person they are killing most likely spent alot of time aquiring his stuff.

And that is "the bandit issue"

Basicly all bandits are not hackers but all hackers are bandits.