NovaDose

1.06 Testing for Server Owners and Modders

Are we going to be given anytime with the server files ahead of time?  I'd like to review my mods for functionality on 1.06 and add the new items and such to several of them; but will not be able to test until I have access to the server files.  In previous versions we were always given a week or two before launch to do this; but rumor has it launch is planned for this week.  Will we get at least a couple days a head of time?  Or will it be an all out mad dash to try to update mods after this is launched?

It's true that it would be cool, to schedule Mod Updates and other files like the Table of Loots.
Because we are often caught off guard.

Agreed.  In the previous patch they did that; it was a huge help.  I had all my mods ready on day 1 for the patch, and my server was offline and back online with the new files in minutes after the launch.  That was only possible because I'd had a week before hand to do all that.  If they just drop a patch on us with no forewarning then its gonna be a shit show...  They don't have to let us access Livonia files either, just 1.06 as a patch would be enough.  I really don't want another cluster fuck like the issue with switching to a new version of BI keys last minute, no forewarning, on the day of the patch like a couple patches ago.  It took nearly until the weekend after launch for everyone to update their stuff and that all could've been prevented by simply supplying the server files a few days ahead of time....

There is also the idea of locking client game versions...

It's great to have constantly updated game files through the Steam service, but there are downsides to it as well.

Just simply adding a toggle to either "Keep Game Updated to latest Version" or "Manually Install Latest Version" would definitely go a long way in giving us a more reliable Community Server experience.

I understand there are CLE considerations, but it should at least be an option.