HunterNed

Script restriction 16

I haven't had any issues with DayZ so far until now. I have also noticed that this seems to be a current issue amongst many players at the moment and I was wondering if it was something I just tested out that caused this to kick me from a server.

I kinda got bored and figured I would spice up my characters look and change its skin. So I changed the face to a camo skin (Face54_camo3), and then all of a sudden I started to receive this problem, the script restriction 16 issue where I get kicked from the server after about 4-5 minutes.

My question is this. Are players allowed to edit their characters skin? If its allowed, can this be a possible link to the script issue?

I am currently on a 5 day character and I would really really like to not lose this one! Any feedback would be appreciated.

Not sure.. is the camo face included in the profile-selection, where you can change your character a bit? Or did you edit any local client files?

Not sure.. is the camo face included in the profile-selection' date=' where you can change your character a bit? Or did you edit any local client files?

[/quote']

From what I know the faces are built into OA so there was no tinkering on my end as far as the local texture files or anything. I just changed this later on after I created my character by changing the profile/configuration file that tells what skin to display.

Here is the full resource page on how to find the names of the skins

http://www.armatechsquad.com/ArmA2Class151656165165341654165165165165f/A2/Faces/

I just used that to find a more suitable face to change my character up, and then I started receiving the script error immediately after I did this. I am wondering if doing that ties into the error, kinda feel obligated to post that finding here because maybe that's a link to the issue. Or not

:/

Have you tried reverting to your old character skin and seeing if that solves your problem?

Have you tried reverting to your old character skin and seeing if that solves your problem?

Sadly, I forget exactly which skin it was and did not backup the name to remember. I think the problem went away though, I tried playing on another server and I haven't had the script issue.

I still wonder if its okay to change your skin this way or not? Is this against the rules at all? :-/