Teh Dango

Server Settings Question

I have searched for a while and cannot seem to find any expanded information regarding the dayzsetting.xml entry for:

<pc maxcores="8" reservedcores="4" />

Are these referring to physical or logical cores?

Another question I have is this:

multithreadedReplication = 1; // enables multithreaded processing of server's replication system - number of worker threads is derived by settings of jobsystem in dayzsettings.xml by "maxcores" and "reservedcores" parameters (value 0-1)

This seems to indicate the server will use threads, for which part of the server I am wondering, so I assume the answer to my first question may be answered by that but that is just a guess. Also,  I understand that this operates based on the xml settings but what exactly is threaded replication? Like is the thread usage only for server operations or handling of AI?

According to my settings above I should see the CPU working away with all for physical cores and the 4 threaded cores but I still only see the physical cores working while the others are pretty much flat lined.

Thanks for any help everyone!

7 hours ago, Teh Dango said:

According to my settings above I should see the CPU working away with all for physical cores and the 4 threaded cores but I still only see the physical cores working while the others are pretty much flat lined.

Why not use an affinity mask instead?  Wouldn't that be better?

• Like 1

It turned out that my server was in balanced power mode causing the 4 threads to be parked. After changing the power settings it appears to be working as expected. Affinity is a good idea though. Thanks for the reply.