jacknine

Random military encounters

I would like to see 'Random military incursions' in Dayz.

For instance , surviving government forces decide that a military incursion into Chernarus is needed for some reason (rescue , reconnaissance, retrieving equipment etc)

A helicopter would spawn , carrying a number of highly armed special forces soldiers, fly to somewhere and drop the troops.

The soldiers would be instructed to engage all in the area (surviviors and zombies) , whilst they carry out their mission (securing an area basically) for a short time.

These incursions would be pretty rare, but could lead to some fierce firefights if they turn up in certain areas.

The prize , on those occasions when they taken out , would be all their loot , maybe even their heli ...., after a certain amount of time they will attempt to head back to the heli and evac.

thats all.

I can see that being pretty exciting but if it happened too often it'd be a pain in the butt.

Have them invade the northern towns and air fields instead.

That way its more desirable than camping Cherno.

Cool idea though, reminds me of the invasions currently being testing in the Firefall beta.

I can see that being pretty exciting but if it happened too often it'd be a pain in the butt.

yep , would have to be a rare event.

Only if these "special forces" troops were formed by randomly selecting players who had recently died, gathered across multiple servers. Hehe, that would be kool...

Say you just died and when you go to respawn you are asked if you want to partake in the skirmish. If you die during the mission you are dead and start as you normally do back on your original server, though if you succeed in holding the area for a set amount of time, you are returned to your server but starting with a piece of gear from the skirmish as a reward. Sorry, I know I got a little carried away :D

Only if these "special forces" troops were formed by randomly selecting players who had recently died' date=' gathered across multiple servers. Hehe, that would be kool...

Say you just died and when you go to respawn you are asked if you want to partake in the skirmish. If you die during the mission you are dead and start as you normally do back on your original server, though if you succeed in holding the area for a set amount of time, you are returned to your server but starting with a piece of gear from the skirmish as a reward. Sorry, I know I got a little carried away :D

[/quote']

well, I was thinking just spawned spec ops soldiers that already exist in Arma2

I like the idea, but if you have played ArmA II missions you will know that an NPC with a gun is very fucking deadly, not to mention they will see you from ages away. COuld be cool if they made the NPCs slightly more derpy than usual.

I like the idea' date=' but if you have played ArmA II missions you will know that an NPC with a gun is very fucking deadly, not to mention they will see you from ages away. COuld be cool if they made the NPCs slightly more derpy than usual.

[/quote']

thats easily done in the editor , just change the skill setting , or rank of the unit.

Wish I never read this, getting kind of excited now over the thought =) Screw downed choppers for loot, wait for the Rare Event (4-6 hours) of a Chopper inbound with troops and loot, would turn into a free-for-all with people from all directions heading to the chopper. But then again would you be running over to them asking for help or would you really try and shoot them if it happened in reality =)...

They would be instructed to shoot anyone on sight , cant take any risks in an infected area ;)

um, y'know them organised, tooled up bandits you guys bitch about 24/7?

THEY DO THIS SHIT ALREADY

Dean 'Rocket' Hall:

DayZ cannot and will not compromise on being a Player Defined World

well, I dont bitch about them. ;)

This idea is more about immersion - with the offchance of decent reward if you get lucky.

This idea is more about immersion

how autistic do you have to be for robots to make you feel at home?

This idea is more about immersion

how autistic do you have to be for robots to make you feel at home?

haha ... good one.....

This is cool idea, but it would work best if they only went to the airfields. Because so many people are always there because of the amazing desirable loot, it would be a good deterrent from that area. You know, make the airfields more of a dangerous place (not like it isn't already).

It should be very uncommon though.