Condork

Bandits = Amazing... Stop Crying.

I keep seeing post after post after post complaining about being shot, it's rather annoying, here's my reasons for shooting other players.

1. It's fun.

2. It's more of a challenge then killing zombies.

3. Excitement.

There's hundreds more reasons to be honest but lets put it this way.

So lets say there weren't any bandits?

What would you do, go grab all the best gear you can then go around the map shooting zombies? I'd give the game a day or a few before it becomes totally boring and stale if the only thing you would do is kill zombies.

That's the only point I really have to make in this argument, you could explore this map within a day without PvP and then just be totally bored from killing hundreds of zombies with ease.

The only people complaining are those that are dopple and run around fields in the open unarmed or expect people to just let them live because they said friendly.

If you don't like bandits/PvP take your time more, be more stealthy and don't run around Cherno or Elektro.

The only solution you could have is not to punish bandits like people are suggestive but to make a system that simply rewards people who work together, possibly a task that can only be completed with 2-4 players and stuff.

There already are, like getting a car/chopper and keeping it running. and being in a group is already a reward in it self for many people. What we need is a system that allows random people who meet each other in game to have a chance teeming up, instead of shooting everything that moves. I have no problem with bandits, i have a problem with everyone being one because they have no choise. Would be nice to have bandit skins back with an improved mechanic or something similar, because current heartbeat thing is silly and useless ...

I dont really agree with this, killing unarmed players is weak, especially if there running around.. just shows they're new to the game.

Most bandits from what I've seen do deserve to get shot, apart from the encounters I've had with them things have been fine without having to deal with them. I wouldn't shoot an unarmed player or even an armed one on sight but bandits I'd quite happy empty clips of L Enfield rounds into bandits even if it was in a city just because I got no time for them.

The flip side of Day Z is what if people really banded together to stay alive? Listening to some interviews with rocket collaboration is part of plans for the future. You could create a completely new experience by changing the way you act around people.

@Masok88

If I see an unarmed person I won't shoot, if I'm getting really hungry and don't have food or I'm really thirsty and I think they will have a drink I will shoot.

If there unarmed and I'm all okay with supplies I will leave them be.

If they were wise they wouldn't run around in the open and if they do not like being shot at the should simply stick in the tree's, I have dodged at least 100bullets on this game, due to the bullet delay it's rather easy to avoid gunshots via zigzagging and making your movement very unpredictable, I'm not saying bandits are all great, there are a lot of Aholes I have encountered personally and raged down the mic at for shooting at me when I'm unarmed and have practically nothing, but if they want to waste 10-15 bullets on killing me for 1 bandage and a flashlight they can feel free :)

or you could just walk to them and ask to share food and or water ...

guy asked me for water yesterday after yelling friendly, friendly like crazy, of course i gave it to him, turned around and got shot in the head ...

that is not being a bandit, but being an ahole tho ...

I started playing the game a few days back and it was a steep learning curve, the only 'problem' I found was that I was killed by more players than I was zombies on my first 2 days. Constantly getting killed within 2 minutes of spawning by someone with either a sniper rifle or an M249, I'd be crouching along and then bang my leg has gone and I've passed out. I mean I'm not even a tactical kill because I've got nothing of value and offer no threat.

I wouldn't call that amazing, though I do appreciate the more "end game" content when you are fully equipped hunting humans down in the wilderness, but feasting on noobs is a bit sad.

or you could just walk to them and ask to share food and or water ...

guy asked me for water yesterday after yelling friendly' date=' friendly like crazy, of course i gave it to him, turned around and got shot in the head ...

that is not being a bandit, but being an ahole tho ...

[/quote']

is your ign "loki"?

If you are loki ... sorry ;D

im ok with bandits.. but there NEEDS to be a reward/punish system for killing people

IE killing "bandits" you get a reward and killing "survivors" punishes you

1) Everybody should play how they like it (without using exploits that is).

+++ the murderers +++

Some people, the murderers who kill everybody just because they *like* it, still have to discover the hidden levels of gameplay. Those people I don't call 'bandits', they are murderers and mostly noobs imo. They are noobs because they still don't know about the true nature of this mod. Even though they may have played for months and know all the controls, the map and whatnot.

There is room for the 'murderers' in this mod, they just have to transition to a different level. They are still in 'noob-mode' sort of speak.

+++the real bandits +++

The 'real bandits' do kill people, but not everybody. They don't kill because they are 'murdering psychopats' like the 'murderers', they kill because they have to. The situation wants it. But if the situation wants it, they let people live too. Let them on their way. This way they can feel the inmense power they have, deciding over life and death.

The 'real bandits' are great and definitely belong in this mod, imo.

I keep seeing post after post after post complaining about being shot' date=' it's rather annoying, here's my reasons for shooting other players.

1. It's fun.

2. It's more of a challenge then killing zombies.

3. Excitement.

There's hundreds more reasons to be honest but lets put it this way.

So lets say there weren't any bandits?

What would you do, go grab all the best gear you can then go around the map shooting zombies? I'd give the game a day or a few before it becomes totally boring and stale if the only thing you would do is kill zombies.

That's the only point I really have to make in this argument, you could explore this map within a day without PvP and then just be totally bored from killing hundreds of zombies with ease.

[/quote']

You make a good point. Rocket needs to know zombies are easy preys compared to humans and should become harder opponents or stronger opponents if he wishes for the game to favor a Survival gameplay rather than a TeamDeathmatch gameplay. People (including Bandits) should fear every zombie even when equiped with a weapon with all the ammo one can care (unless you're sniping from very far and even then... it should attract attention and zombies should make the trip to the noise from the shot, forcing you to move). At the moment, the biggest challenge for bandits in cities is "to not mess up the first shot".

Whether its exciting or not to shoot at other players in the back, my opinion differs from yours. I find it much more interesting to experience "the social experiment" (aka when two "friendlies" meet and what how the encounter happens).

True, bandits are an important part of the game. But I respect only those with the guts to rob (rather than murder) players.

The only people complaining are those that are dopple and run around fields in the open unarmed or expect people to just let them live because they said friendly.

If you don't like bandits/PvP take your time more' date=' be more stealthy and don't run around Cherno or Elektro.

The only solution you could have is not to punish bandits like people are suggestive but to make a system that simply rewards people who work together, possibly a task that can only be completed with 2-4 players and stuff.

[/quote']

Unless you have the video, it didn't happen ;P I've seen bandits shooting noobs that were very stealthy but didn't consider a sniper with NVG would see them in the bushes with his long range scope.

About that coop tasks thing, it's already in the devs' plans if I'm not mistaken.

Only "Real bandit" I've ever seen scared the living shit out of me when I was in an apartment building in.. I think Cherno. Anyway, he came up the stairs with an MP5SD and demanded I gave him everything I had, which having just started wasn't much, some beans and whatnot, told him I had nothing to give, He told me in a grave voice, "Boy, you better not be lying to me, I'll be watchin' you." and left the room.

I haven't seen him since. ;-;

Only "Real bandit" I've ever seen scared the living shit out of me when I was in an apartment building in.. I think Cherno. Anyway' date=' he came up the stairs with an MP5SD and demanded I gave him everything I had, which having just started wasn't much, some beans and whatnot, told him I had nothing to give, He told me in a grave voice, "Boy, you better not be lying to me, I'll be watchin' you." and left the room.

[/quote']

yea, rest are just murderers

Only "Real bandit" I've ever seen scared the living shit out of me when I was in an apartment building in.. I think Cherno. Anyway' date=' he came up the stairs with an MP5SD and demanded I gave him everything I had, which having just started wasn't much, some beans and whatnot, told him I had nothing to give, He told me in a grave voice, "Boy, you better not be lying to me, I'll be watchin' you." and left the room.

[/quote']

lmao, sounds pretty awesome, not going to lie. Once I get the gear I want after these zombies stop breaking my paper-mache' legs, I have the old man skin for my character and I think I may RP as some old dude from Deliverance or something XD. Would make life a lot more interesting if people acted like a particular interesting character or something.

People who talk to me via direct channel swear they just encountered Sean Connery :D