Dodd54

Duper bases!!

I see we’re all p@ssed off with duper’s so why don’t we tag any bases found on I zurvive and server number and start destroying these parasitic c@nts. Just a thought 😉 plus find some decent tackle which should be in other places and not hidden away somewhere! 

• Like 1

We found one on Saturday. We've spent 3 days stealing as much of their stuff and damaging their walls enough to make it pointless repairing. We found hundreds of items in the base, it took us a good 40 minutes to break in on day one, during the middle of the night.

Several visits later and watching from a distance in ghillie suits, we waited for them to log out. Constantly stealing items or throwing them out into the nearby forest so they would despawn.

Finally this morning I finished stealing the remaining loot and destroying their generators. They will have a nasty surprise when they log in today.

Sadly they had no rare weapons to steal, but were duping tons of equipment, food and other supplies.

• Like 3

Congratulations, etaab!  I'm still looking for the mega-stash on my home server.  I swear, they have all the M4-A1 / KA-M / LAR in a base somewhere.  Every base I have found (11 or 12) has been broken into and abandoned.  My next mission will be to Prison Island and the other island that has a castle, down in the South East of the map.

Edited by EzyStriderPS4

Me and my closest friend, we've sort of evolved now into unofficial full time base hunters.

It's an amazing game to be honest, as I've been raising bases for weeks, some tiny and some huge like the one mentioned above. What I find amazing is, after I come back to a previously raided base, I find it damaged further by other attackers. I'm still to find a base I haven't been able to break into.

Last night was the most tense, as we were around 20 meters from the base in the long grass in ghillie suits listening to the occupants at home fumbling around in the dark. About half way through the night it went quiet, so we crept up and found they had logged out. That's when the fun began.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

What are your best techniques to break in, axe, sledgehammer or something else?? 

It depends on the complexity of the base. Some are as simple as using a hacksaw to cut the combination lock off the front gate.

The base we attacked as mentioned above had 3 layers of security. Two outer fences surrounding a barn, then barbed wire over the barn doors and then locked gates behind those doors.

The first night we cut through two wall layers, but as there was a lot to cut through we needed lots of duct tape to keep repairing the axe. Then we encountered a locked gate behind the barn's side door. So we had to come back another day when we had a hacksaw to cut the lock off. When we returned they'd repaired the walls and we had to start again. The second night however, we managed to jump through a small gap which was the owners entrance. You had to glitch through to get in without cutting anything down.

The best base designs are ones that appear to have no entrance. That's what we encountered. We had to keep trying to jump through gaps until the game glitched us through the first barrier to gain access to the centre of the base. It was a good design, because you can't get out once you're inside unless you go to the roof via the towers they'd built and jump to a lower roof on a nearby shed, then down to the ground.

We set up an observation post in a house almost 300m away, using hunting scopes to watch the owners coming and going. We watched them for 2 days, waiting till night fall before switching to NV goggles and approaching the base to commit our burglary acts. It was exhilarating.

• Thanks 1

On 9/20/2019 at 2:16 PM, Dodd54 said:

I see we’re all p@ssed off with duper’s so why don’t we tag any bases found on I zurvive and server number and start destroying these parasitic c@nts. Just a thought 😉 plus find some decent tackle which should be in other places and not hidden away somewhere! 

I would like to point out that generally, EVERY base is a “duper’s” base, in regards to the communities. There are no tasks or storylines. Therefore it is popular to find and Loot player made bases. Bases by which are loosely described as a “duper’s base”. It’s on everyone to discern between projecting and facts. Why does it matter? DayZ community is toxic with the ignorance of it. This entire subject paints me glad to not play on public servers. Where strangers enjoy griefing each other in anonymity.

• Like 1

Bases are there for one reason TO BE RAIDED. For a bit of effort you can get your best loot haul in ages wether they are dupers or not.  I won,t turn down an opportunity to break in as I don't know the owner from Adam usually. Also small areas of camo netted tents are all over the place in the North of the Maps in the Woods and are very productive. I only on Thursday spawned in on the east coast to some guy with a lead pipe just killing empty handed new spawns. I just don't get it but it does show the mentality of some. I found a car yesterday that need a wheel and a spark plug but found on inspection it was full of guns ammo clothes bags boots and food. Why remove the wheel and the spark plug and leave all that loot. Oh yeah look under the dark green fir trees as well for boxes with stuff in I have found plenty of them as well.

• Like 1

We always check a large circle around bases, many times we've found players buried stashes also.

Dupers base or just a legit base, they're built to hold items and that's why I break in.

• Like 1

Best thing to do, have your shovel to hand as there is usually the best stuff hidden close by and I know because I do the same oh no my secret is out 😉

• Like 1

On my secondary account, on my character i always carry a shovel and quite often a hacksaw. The whole point of my second character is to hunt bases, ferry items back to my main character (this limiting danger to him) and to ensure I've always got the tools to get the job done. I recommend always having more than one character. It makes the game a whole lot more easy finding items when you can cover both ends of the map at the same time.

I might sound a bit daft here but how do I make a second character? Do I just use a 2nd ps account?