Homeschooliazon

Re-Add Shooting While Running and Falling (and more)

In .62 and prior you were able to run and shoot your gun at the same time with bad accuracy. This allowed you to either act like a total maniac for fun but also made sense whilst storming buildings and fighting people that were trying to get away.

You were also able to pull the trigger of your gun whilst falling which was not useful for anything, except jumping down a building and shooting someone through one of it's windows whilst in mid air. But it was fun.

The third thing that is no longer possible is shooting while F1-ing (holding one hand up) and F4-ing (Middle finger). This was always a big lol. There was a bug (feature) that let you do most animations while also holding your gun raised and shooting that was completely removed with the 1.5 patch.

Why not let the players pull the trigger whenever their character has their finger on it?

Timestamps with examples from previous versions:

Mid-air

Pointing Emote

Mid-air 2

Emote

While Gun Is Lowered

Edited by Homeschooliazon
  • Beans 2

Some people complain it's unrealistic (lol) and namedrop Call of Duty and such silly stuff.

But it's possible to shoot while sprinting in Operation Flashpoint. You just won't hit anything. I don't see a problem.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, -Gews- said:

But it's possible to shoot while sprinting in Operation Flashpoint. You just won't hit anything. I don't see a problem.

Good old days 😉

I don't see a problem with shooting when clicking either. Our Survivors always got their finger on the trigger, so it would make more sense to me. It also could make a difference in combat, when adrenaline is rushing through your body and your finger gets shaky there was always the possibility of unintentionally pulling the trigger.

• Beans 1

14 hours ago, -Gews- said:

Some people complain it's unrealistic (lol) and namedrop Call of Duty and such silly stuff.

Aaaah good oll OFP. Still like to play it once in a while with a friend on LAN.

No. They should not. It makes a consequence for running or jumping. If anything they should make the jump slower to prevent bunny hops