Some_Random_Guy

Number Beside Names on Player List

What does this number next to this players name mean?

Names are blurred out because it's not my photo and I don't know the rules regarding posting random peoples pans.0712-FB30-E121-49-CD-B3-DA-B25-B64403844

Edited by Some_Random_Guy
Name

Absolutely nothing by the looks of things!!! And wouldn’t worry about hiding psn names and Sony don’t like u hiding shit!! They want u to see who’s playing remember that’s y all are names pop up from miles away when we talk in game!!! Haha 

Well it's gotta mean something otherwise it wouldn't be happening.

As for the hiding of the names this picture was posted in another community I'm in and people have been reporting the guy for duping without any actual evidence. I'm not trying to contribute to that, just curious what the number means as I've been noticing it more and more 

That usually means that the name is already in use and the 2nd or 3rd player connecting with the same name gets a 2 or 3 at the end. It can also happen when someone is lagging out and is trying to reconnect too fast.

Edited by MaVerick_GDZ

Was really hoping a Dev or someone from Bohemia could confirm as it's starting to happen on my private server and I want to know if should be actively getting rid of those players. Don't really want to start getting rid of players without hard evidence.

@ImpulZ any chance you can confirm this likely duping or just some internal connection thing going on?

just to clarify, sometimes bluescreen/crash when players rejoin could cause (2) besides their nickname as well, This happens when the original character is stuck on the server due to heavy lag on the server itself, I have more than 20 ticket opened with Nitrado and they point finger to Manufacturer "Dayz" application itself could not handle and end up in crash which result the server crash every 2 hours and I don't have any firm answers

You can see in the video that the player lagged and stuck, This happens almost every hour on my server which result the server either shutdown or restart by itself

We document timestamp of every events of server crash and sent to Nitrado, Best part! No help, Pointing fingers to our Manufacturer

@ImpulZ

FYI

Edited by Siva Saravanan

Saw somebody with the number 12 next to name, so don't think that would be a crash lol, forced closed maybe, possibly a duper.