Christoffer.s

Might DL this again

Evening lads and lasses

For some reason I just binged Frankies old DayZ series (again) and that got me keen on the game again.
Think it was almost two years since I last played.
Now, I had some problems with this game in the past, I did not consider it finished enough for me to enjoy it and some of the design features in the game was to tedious for me, So, A couple of questions if you would like to help me decide if it's worth it.
How is the game running? I have a I7 - 1080 - 32gb ram - SSD, I would consider that enough if the game was at least somewhat optimized. 
Do you still ruined everything in the jacket/vest/backpack with one killing chest shot? 
Is servers persistent, ergo: pitch a tent and it stays? (like for real this time)
Have they stuck to the design with reloading that you need to go to the inventory, remove mag, load mag and then drag it onto the gun again? 
Have they managed to sort out the balance for the survival part? (one patch you could starve before you found a single thing to eat, another you puked  all the time for overeating)

I've just noticed, it doesn't say SA anywhere on this screen so I might be on the wrong forum.... Sigh, time will tell.

8 hours ago, Christoffer.s said:

How is the game running? I have a I7 - 1080 - 32gb ram - SSD, I would consider that enough if the game was at least somewhat optimized. 

You should be fine.

Do you still ruined everything in the jacket/vest/backpack with one killing chest shot? 

Not everything, but theres a chance for a few items to get ruined when killing somebody.

Is servers persistent, ergo: pitch a tent and it stays? (like for real this time)

Yep. Works most of the time.

Have they stuck to the design with reloading that you need to go to the inventory, remove mag, load mag and then drag it onto the gun again? 

Thats one way to do it, the better way would be to change mags via hotkeys. You have to load those mags manually though, bullet for bullet.

Have they managed to sort out the balance for the survival part? (one patch you could starve before you found a single thing to eat, another you puked  all the time for overeating)

Umm this one is a bit tricky. For as long as i can remember you were always better off going inland asap, since finding something to eat is still somewhat luck based. You can collect some apples (on the floor now, no spamming) or get some fresh bambi fat for a start. Its delicious.

On 8/29/2019 at 5:47 PM, Christoffer.s said:

You don't need to go into your inventory.

Has survival ever really been difficult, aside from combat with other players?  Could it ever be truly difficult?  No.   The only thing you've ever had to fear, or will ever have to fear, is other players.  It's interesting that you ask about eating as that is absolutely trivial.  As it should be.

1 hour ago, Parazight said:

You don't need to go into your inventory.

Has survival ever really been difficult, aside from combat with other players?  Could it ever be truly difficult?  No.   The only thing you've ever had to fear, or will ever have to fear, is other players.  It's interesting that you ask about eating as that is absolutely trivial.  As it should be.

I did download it on Friday and have played over 35h since, still on my first char. 
The reload is now much better, easy to swap and refill mags from the hotbar while still being SA.
And yes, some patches have been horrendous survival wise, if you didn't break your leg on every single stair/rock then you failed to find food for over an hour, that was up to bugs and bad loot economy though. It's fine now it seems, only once during my 190km run have i encountered that my char bugged forward and hurt herself down a staircase.
I love the new zombies, I love the new animations, I love the new graphics, I love the improved trails and I love the wolfs and the extra variable they introduce. 
Boar dont attack do they? I tried to get them aggravated but they just ran away if I started to pick them off, Would be fun if they defended themself. 
Sad to see that bows and other craftable items isn't inn atm, also, what is up with the heli spawns, I've been running up/down west ever since i started this life and I've managed to spot and loot one, keeping in mind that I actively search for them all the time it seems very rare. 
The last piece of equipment I need (want) is the LAR and it seems to only spawn on heli crashes, is this correct? I have 4 mags for it from runs at Tissy.

Cant seem to find the reason why my char seems to get cholera from time to time, I drink from a canteen  (pump) or eat fruit, do we now need to add chlorine tablets to pump water?

• Like 1

Excellent.  Always pleasant to see players enjoying themselves.

Be patient and careful.  You'll find the things you need.  Find like minded people in this MMO.  Be social.  And yes, start putting tablets in your pump water.  It will matter next patch.