Colin-Emma Whyman

Server Messages Trial All With No Avail

so i currently have this 

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<messages>

<message>
        <repeat>60</repeat>
        <text>You're playing on my server Devil's Skyline.The Server Will Restart Every 4 Hours From Midnight UK Time Automaticly. Thank you King5kyline. )</text>
    </message>

<message>
        <delay>10</delay>
        <repeat>50</repeat>
        <onconnect>1</onconnect>
        <text>Check our Discord at https://discord.gg/####/</text>
    </message>

<message>
        <delay>2</delay>
        <onconnect>1</onconnect>
        <text>Welcome to my server Devil's Skyline/text>
    </message>

</messages>

it hasn't reset the code like i normally does but i still cant get the messages to show in the server , ive had it running for 2 weeks playing around with the html codes and still no avail 

anyone to help ? 

Thanks King

There are a couple of posts around the forum that explain how to do it and have it work.  There is a really good video on YouTube by DonSibleyGames that explains how to do it.

i have checked the guy youtube video  , and will attempt to use that on my next auto restart ill shut the server for 5 mins and try that one then see where i go from there

On 8/27/2019 at 2:31 PM, LnS247 said:

You have to save the config file when the server is OFFLINE.  I totally forgot to add that to my "server messages simple" thread.

https://twitter.com/DayZ/status/1164925680779452416?s=20

this isn't entirely true , i update mine while server is active and it takes affect after the automatic restart i have setup , its all about removing the HTML comment/note blocks out of the code 

Edited by Colin-Emma Whyman