cragzeek

How long do people live? Not noobs, I mean the average pro.

My average is about 14 or so days after leaving the coast, with a max of 22-24 (can't remember which) that only ended because of a very silly mistake lol :s

I can play 1 hour a day for a month (30 hours playtime) and claim to have lived a month. A guy could also play nonstop for 2 days (48 hours playtime) and claim to have only lived those 2 days. Yet the latter outlived the former by far.

These numbers are pointless.

Current survivor has been alive since 11 JUN 2012, 2300.

Previous survivor made it to Day 18 before being sniped in the ear while looting an enemy tent. Silly me doing it in broad daylight. Live and learn. Or die and learn I guess.

going on 18 days... HOWEVER... after about 10 days I get bored and decide to try and push the envelope a bit. So I'm sure my next session I'll get pwnd a bit trying to do something absurd...

These numbers are pointless.

Demographically speaking, chances are fair that your average forum participant plays more than 1 hour per day.

But you're right; Day count is not the definitive stat for survivability.

Though, hours in game isn't perfect either. Someone who survives 100+ hours just lying prone in the woods and emerging only to refill water bottles and slaughter a pig isn't exactly impressive either.

No single stat can tell us how good someone is at the game.

But it's still an interesting discussion.

I lived for a few days and about 20 hours gametime until I got into a firefight yesterday and didn't notice the enemies had a sniper covering them. Since then i've died about 5 times trying to loot Cherno and Elektro and on the 6th spawn I was able to get some food/drink, medical supplies, and a weapon and head north without dying.

Honestly your goal is Cherno/Elektro should not be to find a weapon, it should be to stock up on at least 3 cans of food/drink, some morphine, bandages, painkillers and maybe a blood bag and then get the fuck out of there ASAP. You can find better guns and the same accessories in much less risky places up north.

I was up to 37 days then I died at NW. I usually only live for up to 5 days now, because now I just run around cherono / electro.

The longest i went was 21 days. But i died i got careless and got myself killed...

right now im going on 11 days..getting lucky cause been alot of action where i am. but

On average with people who know how to play the game. 8-14 days if your a good player

a week mostly,then get shot by sniper rifle (shame I dont have 3-4 hours free for just waiting on one spot :P)

I was 31 days old before I got killed last week, by a guy who stumbled upon me from behind at night when I was providing overwatch for a friend at Stary Sobor military tents. Had camo & a M249, and an MP5SD in my large Coyote pack for stealthy zombie killing.

Funny thing was, after a day with a new char, I was already kitted out nearly as good as I was when I died, even got NVGs. No M249 yet though, although I did find the FN FAL NV. Ended up dropping that because I only had 1 clip for it.

My average before that was usually 3-5 days, but now I've got a good feel for staying out of trouble most of the time. Hoping to break that record of mine! :)

Its all relative... A great player derping around airfields, cherno, elektro etc WILL die sooner than the noobiest noob playing in the woods or very small towns for awhile.

Love how so many people can say:"I am kitted in 20 minutes" when spawns are random and it can be looted by other players + sometimes Cherno/Elektro is death trap (other day it might be walk in a park).

This generalisation people love to use is not a good thing since it does not mirror reality that much.

Love how so many people can say:"I am kitted in 20 minutes" when spawns are random and it can be looted by other players + sometimes Cherno/Elektro is death trap (other day it might be walk in a park).

If you spawn near Elektro or Cherno 20 - 30 minutes is a fair amount of time, of course its random and luck is a factor. People in Kamenka usually just run towards Zelenogorsk and grab everything on the way from deerstands.

Anyway it seems everyone has a different idea what it means to be properly equipped. Some just need a gun to shoot others, some want more medical supplies and others are desperately trying to find a box of matches :-D

So what is the translation between game and real hours? And is the only way to check the floaty silvery lettering that is always elusive?

Until I get bored.

A couple days ago I had endless supplies of everything and could hide myself in a bush next to a random rock and probably never be seen unless a hacker joins the server.

I got bored and decided to loot Berezino, then I got shot.

I'm averaging out at 3 days, but it'd be longer if it wasn't for glitches.

Life 1: One day, killed by sniper while crawling through Elektro for morphine

Life 2: Three days, killed by lag (repeatedly teleported into a horde of zombies due to desync)

Life 3: Three days, killed by lag (temporarily teleported into the air 75m as a result of helicopter desync, took fall damage until dead)

So what is the translation between game and real hours? And is the only way to check the floaty silvery lettering that is always elusive?

1 real life hour = 1 game life hour.

1 real life hour != 1 game life day.

That is to say that you can make a char play for one hour and have a survival time of 1 hour. If you then log off and come back in 2 weeks you will have a survival time of one hour but you will be on Day 14.

So I am not sure why knowing how many 'days' you survive is of any value. To me the actual time survived is the only number that counts. To my knowledge there is no way to check what that time is unless your on the leaderboard.

Last life per the game was on "Day 18" before I had a very unfortunate incident with a tractor. Lost my ghillie suit too :(.

Currently on Day 5. I play very tactically and don't sit out in the trees watching the time slip by.

What do you have to lose? Easy. Everything.

What do you have to gain? Depends on what you set your sights after. Military weapons? Sniping? Sniper battles?

My rule of thumb is this... With good gear, comes higher risk. Once you get a gun you really like, expect to lose it at any moment, and every second you're playing. Go into it pretending you're already dead pretty much because it's damn near a guarantee depending on how you play. That's how the game is. I've lived for 10 days, and then my next character died on Day 0 with great loot on him as well. It just happens. And it's out of your control.

So how long do you survive on average?

- 14 days' date=' would be more but got killed few times by hackers and server hoppers

How long does it take you get to your preffered set up?

- less then 20 minutes to get basic equipment like larger backpack, matches, hatchet, hunting knife, tons of beans and water, civilian weapon etc. Extra 20 minutes for military assault rifle, so lets make it less than hours.

[/quote']

lol @ finding matches in 20min every time

ppl love to make shit up

Longest survivor in my group/clan was alive for 41 days while playing between 1 and 8 hours a day depending.

He would still be alive right now if I hadn't run him over with our car after he got out of it :(

Current survivor has been alive since 11 JUN 2012' date=' 2300.

Previous survivor made it to Day 18 before being sniped in the ear while looting an enemy tent. Silly me doing it in broad daylight. Live and learn. Or die and learn I guess.

[/quote']

Assuming this is true and with at least 2-3 hours of play time a day makes the apocalypse seem very pedestrian. Could someone please turn up the apocalypse?