Sign in to follow this  
WezzyStef907

My 1.04 Experience

So, the first few hours of 1.04 were a big boxing match at Berezino, which calmed down after a while, it was hilarious. I did get gang banged by a meatball and his buddy, but it's all good. 

Performance has improved, although not as good as it was in the closed preview way back when. Still some FPS issues in big cities, which is manageable but could be improved (I'm sure it will in future updates) but at least I'm not getting froze and beat to death by zombies. So that's a win.

The game looks a bit sharper for me, I don't know if I'm imagining it, or they did something to graphics, but it looks a bit better to me.

Gunplay, also I don't know if I'm imagining it, but it seems like it's a tiny bit better than it was, can't explain it but it feels a bit better. And you can now load empty mags without having to go into your inventory, which is amazing.

I haven't found any of the new weapons yet, but haven't gone to any of the northern military areas to check around.

I beat a man to death with a baseball bat because he had nice shoes without holes in them, so I'm pretty much Negan from The Walking Dead s7 now.

I saw a guy drive his half built banger mobile into Cherno and get jacked, they mowed him down with no mercy, it was hilarious to witness.

Throwing stuff is nice, although sometimes items seem to disappear after throwing them, also zombies are distracted by flares and the smoke effects and colours are nice. Haven't tested frags yet, don't want to blow myself up by accident.

Zombies go down in a few hits to the head, sometimes one hit, which I like.

Now, managing inventory! It seems like some inventory sections aren't expanding fully which makes you unable to see some items in your inventory, and if you have a lot of items in your inventory you can't scroll to, or see the items at the very bottom, I think you can just drop the clothing/backpack and pick them up to fix? Haven't tried that yet, as I've just recently learned about this work-a-round. Also, sometimes equipping grenades on vests makes you unable to select any items in the vest, same with radio transmitters on backpacks. This has only happened twice. Haven't figured out how to rotate stuff in inventory yet?

Looting gear off zombies, doesn't work as intended, I'm sure? You can't hit X to transfer to your inventory, or hit Y to equip it, you have to hold A on the item and press RB to transfer it to your hands before it lets you equip things. Hands must be empty for this to work. I didn't know about this at first and missed out on bullet proof vests and a few different military helmets.

Community servers, could do with a search bar, but yeah. I've been playing on an open 100 man server called Backfire test server, which I've had no major issues with, although can get hourly disconnects in the early AM hours, which doesn't really bother me.

I have seen talk about being unable to pick items up off the ground, or out of inventories etc, and invisible ammo in guns that don't register hits. I haven't experienced this yet, maybe because I'm playing on a community server? idk

And that's pretty much my 1.04 experience so far, probably missed a bunch of things that aren't on the top of my head, but I'm satisfied with this update. I will be heading up north to try find some of the new guns later.

Looking forward to 1.05 and beyond. :)

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this