Sign in to follow this  
smudgegard

Frame drops or game mechanic?

So I am quite new to the game, it seems to get skilled with gunplay is long process as interactions are few, at least PVP anyway. So yesterday I lost my fully kitted m4, a dozen mags and a few other bits that I worked hard to get, took a few weeks and it was my first death, TO ZOMBIES of all ways. Anyway, I accidentally discharged my gun northwest airfield and had an influx of Zombies on me, I had no cover or buildings near so I had to fight, and it was a real struggle to use the M4. When I would ADS into my ATOG(?) my reticle seemed to get stuck and it would cause me to over aim trying to un-stuck it, the reticle would jump if that makes sense. Ultimately being the catalyst to my death as I could not get smooth motion/aim to fight off all the zombies. My question is is this just large frame drops or is there a game mechanic that kind of diminishes your shooting ability once injured slightly as I was bleeding (i think).  Frame drops would explain it if I am trying to aim and the game is not rendering my motions it would make sense that the reticle would appear to jump when the frames come back... Did anyone experience this? I am running the X with DayZ installed to an SSD.

Definitely dropped frames. 1.04 should land next week, and the performance is supposed to be much improved. 

Also, don’t accidentally fire at the airfield 😉

In general try not to fire your weapon unless you _really_ need to - there are a bunch of good reasons for it.

Killing 1 zombie with a gun usually attracts 10 more, and thats always bad.

Ammo is scarce, you never know when you run out.

Other players gets a clue on your location and will most likely come in to investigate.

Yesterday me and two mates had just arrived at NWAF to look for some fun, and one of them decides to fire his Mosin at a single zombie (that could have been killed with melee without a problem as there was just one) and 20 seconds later we got 30-35 zombies on us and everything is utter chaos just because he wanted to have a bit of "fun" with his gun.

He got killed by the zombies and I ended up getting his plate carrier, I hope he learned his lesson. 🙂

Sign in to follow this