Sign in to follow this  
ramonsterns

Zed Types?

I noticed that we have zeds with different animations, but besides the crawlers, as I like to call the ones who can't get up, they're all basically the same.

I'm not suggesting something out of Left 4 Dead, but a little more variety wouldn't hurt.

Shambler: This zed can only walk. Takes more hits to the body to kill, perhaps double what it currently takes for most weapons. So while sniper rifles would still kill them in one shot, M1911, Winchester, Revolver, etc would take two. G17, M9, MP5, etc would take six, so on.

Mobility: *

Damage: **

Durability: *****

Walker: Standard, up-right zed.

Mobility: ***

Durability: *

Sprinter: Much faster walker, can catch up to the player.

Mobility: *****

Apes: This zed would use the current animation for the chimp-like zed. Would span in more numbers, so maybe 2-3 where only one of the others would spawn. (Once this is fixed, can climb ladders.)

Mobility: ****

Damage: ***

Crawlers: This zed can only crawl, increased chance to break bones.

Mobility: **

Damage: ****

Durability: **

They would all use the current skins and be visually indistinguishable besides their behavior.

I tried searching but nothing similar came up. Then again, it's 3 am.

Your suggestion isn't really realistic imo. Not in zombie types but as what is capable. Zombies now are glitching threw walls and doors so what hope does one have for attributes. I do wish there was a sprinter and a walker though.