Sign in to follow this  
d3agles

Connecting Failed: Unkown error

Hello. 

I have a friend who cant join a server. (Scripted EU1).

It gives him "Connecting Failed: Unknown error as occured".

We have tried verify, reinstall game, deleted all user, character files, joining from steam via "game info -> join", still the problems occured. He has no issue joining other servers, but not this one. There are 7 of us who play on this server and he is the only one with problem. 

Any ideas?

On 7/13/2019 at 7:43 PM, d3agles said:

Hello. 

I have a friend who cant join a server. (Scripted EU1).

It gives him "Connecting Failed: Unknown error as occured".

We have tried verify, reinstall game, deleted all user, character files, joining from steam via "game info -> join", still the problems occured. He has no issue joining other servers, but not this one. There are 7 of us who play on this server and he is the only one with problem. 

Any ideas?

Have you tried changing the client connection port to something different than default 2302?,.. you can do this in launch parameters by adding -port=2344 for example, also is the affected client playing with others on the same connection as his ip? Anyhow its worth giving this a try.

I take it that my solution may of fixed your issues?? Please do let us know if it did or not.

Hey can someone help me! when i try to join my friend’s private server it says “connecting failed an unknown error has occurred” ?? I can join other server just not this one?

Edited by Gustaf Juul Nielsen

On 7/20/2019 at 12:22 AM, ICEMAN-FMCS said:

Have you tried changing the client connection port to something different than default 2302?,.. you can do this in launch parameters by adding -port=2344 for example, also is the affected client playing with others on the same connection as his ip? Anyhow its worth giving this a try.

Im playing an official server on pc and i cant join the server. I get the "unknown error occurred." I went into the launch parameters and typed the server ip and the port was 10500 so i changed it to -port=10544 and it let me join!!!!!! for like 40 seconds and then it kicked me from the game and it's now giving me the "unkown error occurred." message again. Is there something im going wrong? anything else i can try?